The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The TSC Hot Pepper Challenge

yeah i had the same issue. I had thought the company said they were putting out bags of their other chips with codes to try and win a one chip but i have seen the bags but no codes. then i figured i'd just go ahead and order but they sold out.

People are just crazy reselling those for so much.

I won one auction for $13. I got a message from the seller that I needed to send payment (which I had done). I sent him a copy of the ebay and paypal confirmation. Fast forward to a few hours ago and Paypal is showing a refund from the seller for the $13. I haven't heard from the seller. I'm guessing it went cheaper than he wanted to sell it for and canceled the sale.

I won one auction for $13. I got a message from the seller that I needed to send payment (which I had done). I sent him a copy of the ebay and paypal confirmation. Fast forward to a few hours ago and Paypal is showing a refund from the seller for the $13. I haven't heard from the seller. I'm guessing it went cheaper than he wanted to sell it for and canceled the sale.
I hate when that happens. If bought from them it would have been $15 for him to get it. Guess he didn't want to take a loss but that ain't right !!

I hate when that happens. If bought from them it would have been $15 for him to get it. Guess he didn't want to take a loss but that ain't right !!
There were options to buy in bulk so he probably wouldn't be taking a loss.

Honestly if people have a minimum they want to get they need to set a Reserve price. Beyond that if they just decide they didn't get what they wanted they either need to suck it up or take some kind of hit to their seller rating immediately.

Honestly if people have a minimum they want to get they need to set a Reserve price. Beyond that if they just decide they didn't get what they wanted they either need to suck it up or take some kind of hit to their seller rating immediately.
the thing about a reserve price has it cost them more money to put an ad with the reserve and they're too cheap to do that

The thing is that I haven't heard from the sell at all. All I know is that Paypal received a refund for the amount I paid.

chip refund.jpg

I'm curious if I will hear anything from them? Very rude.

Didn't know this. I've only bought from ebay, never sold anything.
I've sold quite a few things including a motorcycle on there. And they give you a free listing with no cost and you just pay a value fee based on the selling price. If you start adding extra features such as a reserve price you have to pay for the listing even if it doesn't sell. Many aren't willing to do that

I've sold quite a few things including a motorcycle on there. And they give you a free listing with no cost and you just pay a value fee based on the selling price. If you start adding extra features such as a reserve price you have to pay for the listing even if it doesn't sell. Many aren't willing to do that
It's been a while since I did anything other than a basic listing. They didn't used to charge for a Reserve, people just didn't bid as often if they saw something had one so I never put one.

Okay what is up with Ebay? Or maybe these chips are cursed!
I bid on a chip and was outbid, no problem I put in a bid for a different one. Got back from services and checked ebay. Well I won the one and noticed that I won the first one as well. Wait...what... I won the first one?!? Apparently the person who out bid me disappeared. How does that happen? I didn't know this was possible.

Well I went ahead and paid. So now I have 2 chips coming which I paid $17 each for. Does anyone need a chip? But I wont count my chips until they show up in my mailbox.

Last edited:
Sometimes a person will ask if there bid can be cancelled. If they have a legitimate reason it may be dropped by the seller making you the winner. Congrats

This is just silly. Even in grade school we understood rule of "No take backs".
I would have tried to get out of the original bid...... seems that since you were outbid, you shouldn't be held to it. You should have instead been given the option of accepting it.

I would have tried to get out of the original bid...... seems that since you were outbid, you shouldn't be held to it. You should have instead been given the option of accepting it.
I didn't hear anything, I just got an email that I won. I looked at the history and the other guy just disappeared.

Back