The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The TSC Coffee Shop

So part 2, which I entitle How my Morning has Changed.

I am a routine-driven person. And in each morning when I get a moment, I head down to the cafeteria to get my breakfast burrito, no potato, extra salsa on the side with a packet of Tapatio. Sometimes I BS with the cook who speaks almost no English so that usually results in one of us laughing with no idea what the other said. Then I come back to my office and make my coffee. Then add 1/4 of the packet of the Tapatio to the salsa to be added to individual bites of burrito and have breakfast. The coffee goes as has been said before with the first sips too hot, then merging into good, then potentially too cool depending on how much work I'm doing between bites.

But today. No sir, not today! I made my coffee first. I feel this change is big enough that it would send Sam into a spiral that could take him days to recover from. I make my coffee, put it into robo mug, and then go get my burrito. I am now able to start in on the burrito fresh from the grill and Jesus' expert hands and have my coffee still at the perfect temperature. I feel like I am one step closer to being lord over my own domain.

At first I thought your "cafeteria" was the kitchen at home, but then you started talking about the cook and I realized I was mistaken.

At first I thought your "cafeteria" was the kitchen at home, but then you started talking about the cook and I realized I was mistaken.
Ya, not until I retire. And properly learn how to roll a burrito.

I don’t think I could go to the temp controlled mug, though I definitely get why someone would. One of the (many) odd things about me is that I kind of like that changing flavor experience as the coffee cools. The lukewarm coffee tastes richer in a way than the really hot stuff. I also (really) oddly like to find my unfinished mug of coffee a couple of hours later and down the cold stuff. Completely different drinking experience.

Back