The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The TSC Coffee Shop

Ok fancy coffee people. Anyone have one of those fancy espresso machines that has a milk attachment and a menu of drinks it will make automatically? Wondering how much clean up it takes after use.

Ok fancy coffee people. Anyone have one of those fancy espresso machines that has a milk attachment and a menu of drinks it will make automatically? Wondering how much clean up it takes after use.
Uh oh Dave is shopping again

I was thinking more this

giphy.gif

Call me old fashioned, but I just drink it while it is still hot. It doesn't sit around long enough to get cold.
Ya, here’s the app. The only time I drink my coffee without interruption is on the weekends when my breakfast was cooked beforehand. This was a birthday gift that will go to my office.
E7DA59DE-7E33-4255-9ED3-EEF48B595911.jpeg

Ya, here’s the app. The only time I drink my coffee without interruption is on the weekends when my breakfast was cooked beforehand. This was a birthday gift that will go to my office.
View attachment 94272
That makes sense. At my office, I don't typically go into a lot of meetings, so I get to have it all before it cools. I'm more of a desk jockey.

Okay, so the Ember mug is a totally unnecessary item and a game-changer. Almost weird in a way. You can dial in the temperature you want your beverage to be held at. I originally picked 130, but learned through trial and error that 136 is the money spot. I sipped on an over 130-degree coffee and watched as the temp slowly lowered to 130, then there was a notification that it was at the perfect temp and enjoy. So bonus #1, if you would enjoy your whole cup of coffee at only the perfect temp, then you can wait until you are notified and then start drinking. The next interesting thing was as I continued to drink, naturally, the temp didn't keep dropping. Which was a new experience. As anyone who has spent any time lingering over a hot beverage knows, there are those sips that are just too hot to be comfortable, those are are warmer than you like, then about 2-3 sips that are in a good temp range before it drops below and you are wishing it would have held out a little longer. (cue the chorus of people touting the lover for travel mugs) So even though it should have been expected, it was odd having sip after sip at the same temperature. Almost as if something was lost in the whole experience. But I'm sure there will be more joy when I need to walk away from my desk for something another morning and come back to perfect temp coffee. What an age we're living in!

Back