The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The TSC Coffee Shop

The people complaining about not grinding fine enough may be espresso drinkers. That is the finest grind that I have seen.

Quick question about grinders. I was thinking about getting a manual grinder just because they are smaller and quieter (the family is usually asleep when I make my coffee). How long does it usually take to grind enough for a couple of cups?

The people complaining about not grinding fine enough may be espresso drinkers. That is the finest grind that I have seen.

Quick question about grinders. I was thinking about getting a manual grinder just because they are smaller and quieter (the family is usually asleep when I make my coffee). How long does it usually take to grind enough for a couple of cups?
I never actually timed it, but at the office it probably took 30-60 seconds for 20g.

The rule I learned for grind size is keep going finer until your coffee starts to taste a little bitter and then back off a little. This gives the most taste without over extraction.

@NurseDave .
I thought it was funny when you posted the heated coffee cup because I don't know if you remember but I mentioned one to you a while back when I saw one in target...
IMG_20220309_183253333.jpg
IMG_20220309_183302471.jpg
IMG_20220309_183310792.jpg
IMG_20220309_183319660.jpg
Back then I remember we both thought it was a little weird. But I guess now it's different... So how is the mug doing now ? Still good ?

@NurseDave .
I thought it was funny when you posted the heated coffee cup because I don't know if you remember but I mentioned one to you a while back when I saw one in target...
View attachment 95458
View attachment 95459
View attachment 95460
View attachment 95461
Back then I remember we both thought it was a little weird. But I guess now it's different... So how is the mug doing now ? Still good ?
Yes sir. Though it was funny because I didn’t put it back on the charger yesterday so my mug had a low charge this morning. Never thought I would say that.

Yes sir. Though it was funny because I didn’t put it back on the charger yesterday so my mug had a low charge this morning. Never thought I would say that.
That's good to know because for those prices I was worried about if it would actually be worth it. I guess I know what's in my future now !! You guys just keep getting all the cool / neat gadgets and make me want them too !!

Smaller cups at 8oz work much better and better overall flavor and milk distribution 10oz
Total volume, not a tulip.More of a fern or tumbleweed I guess LOL. More work needed

C2E3E1D0-D19D-4D53-9A3D-428A55A2B9EB.jpeg

Back