The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The TSC Coffee Shop

My favorite coffee is free coffee, preferably made by someone else and served to me (repeatedly) in an embarrassingly large mug.

Decaf coffee is akin to Williams soap and Clubman aftershave. It's available worldwide, just not in my house.

The local FiveBucks or StarBuzz coffee is too strong for my tastes. Besides, any place that uses different words for small, medium, and large is over my pay grade.

If I'm forced to buy my own coffee, it's Peet's Major Dickason's Blend. I don't know much about Peet's other than it comes from the Amazon. Some guy delivers it to my house and leaves it on the porch. I hope he has a lot of customers in my neck 'o the woods. The cost to bring coffee up from a South American rain forest to Kentucky has to be crazy expensive.

My wife was wanting to buy some of the special release Blue Jamaican from Starbucks. Couldn’t find it anywhere locally, but got it from a Roastery in NY when she was there. Of course the beans were as black as Starbuck’s soul. Roasted some up today and this is a very smooth charcoal taste. No bitterness at all this this awfulness.

My wife was wanting to buy some of the special release Blue Jamaican from Starbucks. Couldn’t find it anywhere locally, but got it from a Roastery in NY when she was there. Of course the beans were as black as Starbuck’s soul. Roasted some up today and this is a very smooth charcoal taste. No bitterness at all this this awfulness.
Starbucks:

giphy.gif

Out of curiosity, how much did it cost? Because if it was less that $50 a pound it wasn't authentic Jamaican Blue Mountain.

Out of curiosity, how much did it cost? Because if it was less that $50 a pound it wasn't authentic Jamaican Blue Mountain.
She got a little less than 1/2lb and it worked out to like $70/lb. She started looking locally for it at the end of January so I special ordered some from my coffee guy for her $100/lb. That was good, smooth, but not WOW.

She got a little less than 1/2lb and it worked out to like $70/lb. She started looking locally for it at the end of January so I special ordered some from my coffee guy for her $100/lb. That was good, smooth, but not WOW.
Look at Baltimore Coffee and Tea Company. When I bought high dollar coffee there it was always good and never Starburnt.

JBM is less than $70 for a 454gram pound. I remember buying it there for about $30 years back.

Starbucks:

giphy.gif

Can't say that I would even spend a dollar for a pound of Blue Mountain beans. Don't like the taste at all.

Wow. My experience was the complete opposite. Delicious, rich cocoa note, bright acidity and very smooth.

Look at Baltimore Coffee and Tea Company. When I bought high dollar coffee there it was always good and never Starburnt.

JBM is less than $70 for a 454gram pound. I remember buying it there for about $30 years back.
JBM coffee depends on what part of the mountain it comes from the higher up on the mountain the higher the quality and the higher the price. you can get lower mountain JBM for fairly inexpensive but its lesser quality. Blue Mountain above where Bob Marley lived is considered the highest quality and also the most expensive...

We've been drinking Don Pablo Signature coffee for a few months now. We were buying The Fresh Market Jamaican Blue Mountain Blend... but they changed something and it was bitter. We don't know much about coffee available for purchase in the States.... but we both lived in Indonesia for a number of years... now... I can tell you... they have some great coffee there. Each island has its own favorites.

I tried to copy a photo from their website: no go... so next best thing, I suppose.... Don Pablo Signature Blend.

Back