The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The TSC Coffee Shop

At this point, no. I worry that I’d get a thinner brew that was more acid than richer extracted oils. I have some darker roasts coming in the subscription, and we’ll see how that goes first.

I also realize that the coffee itself is outstanding in its own right, so my whining about acidity is more a case of princess and the pea.

Updating.....darker roast is definitely the way to go. Side by side comparison of a dark roast from Portland Coffee Roasters and a lighter roast from Counter Culture showed me that I got a richer, 'roasted' flavor from the Portland beans and the bright, fruity flavor (e.g. acidic) from the Counter Culture. I greatly preferred the Portland.

I know some folks swear by Dunkin coffee. My local store carries it, but I've never bought it because I only buy whole bean coffee, and always dark roast. They only carry Dunkin whole bean in Medium. Well, I decided to try it and figured if I didn't like it, I would just mix it in with what I have. Turns out I really like the flavor of the medium roast! I'm shocked.

I know some folks swear by Dunkin coffee. My local store carries it, but I've never bought it because I only buy whole bean coffee, and always dark roast. They only carry Dunkin whole bean in Medium. Well, I decided to try it and figured if I didn't like it, I would just mix it in with what I have. Turns out I really like the flavor of the medium roast! I'm shocked.
Agree, we drank that exclusively for quite a while. We started looking around when the whole beans became harder to find.

Those brands of coffee always taste better to me when I make them. It seems to me that the shops cut corners on the coffee and it comes out really weak. When I make it *properly* it tastes much better, even though it's pre-ground.

We were BIG fans of bagged DD coffee, whether ground or beans. We made the mistake of buying some freshly brewed made one day and ... yuck... never again. It was horrible. At home in a french press, it's entirely different.

Back