The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The TSC Coffee Shop

Grabbed a can of this last time I was in the local Publix. Had read it's a good cup through the AeroPress. Turns out that's correct! Very tasty cuppa!

IMG-5016.jpg

giphy.gif

Okay I have a question.. which is better an Aeropress regular or an aeropress go?? local bed bath and beyond has both and only 2 dollars difference....

Grabbed a can of this last time I was in the local Publix. Had read it's a good cup through the AeroPress. Turns out that's correct! Very tasty cuppa!

View attachment 42694

giphy.gif

Illy is very readily available in Italy. We lived in Milan from mid 2010 to mid 2011 and consumed many gallons of Illy coffee made in our French Press coffeemaker from IKEA. Timely memory as we were there during Christmas and New Years 2010/2011. Spent 4 day long weekend in Florence to enjoy bringing in the new year with some good friends who were there on assignment with us.

I recall one of your posts that you spent some time in Italy too. Really a cool 😎 place! Il dolce far niente from my signature means loosely the sweetness of doing nothing! I was well trained in that lifestyle after our stay. Thanks for listening. Ciao.

Illy is very readily available in Italy. We lived in Milan from mid 2010 to mid 2011 and consumed many gallons of Illy coffee made in our French Press coffeemaker from IKEA. Timely memory as we were there during Christmas and New Years 2010/2011. Spent 4 day long weekend in Florence to enjoy bringing in the new year with some good friends who were there on assignment with us.

I recall one of your posts that you spent some time in Italy too. Really a cool 😎 place! Il dolce far niente from my signature means loosely the sweetness of doing nothing! I was well trained in that lifestyle after our stay. Thanks for listening. Ciao.
Yeah I loved it there. If I could live anywhere it would be Trieste. Just an amazing city.

Same thing. The “Go” is just a smaller version of the original.
Ok thank you. So the quality is the same? I like the way the go can all.be stored together. It looks like it may be more convenient.. Also it's only 2 dollars different between the two. Do you think it's worth 2$ more for the go ?

Ok thank you. So the quality is the same? I like the way the go can all.be stored together. It looks like it may be more convenient.. Also it's only 2 dollars different between the two. Do you think it's worth 2$ more for the go ?
You can’t go wrong with either. Yes the quality is the same. I have both and use the original more often than the Go but if you travel often I can see where the Go would work better for you.
I use mine mostly at work. Have a small back pack that I keep everything in; AeroPress and accessories, hand grinder, small digital scales , thermometer for the kettle and filters. Doesn’t take up a lot of room. Here’s what I use

You can’t go wrong with either. Yes the quality is the same. I have both and use the original more often than the Go but if you travel often I can see where the Go would work better for you.
I use mine mostly at work. Have a small back pack that I keep everything in; AeroPress and accessories, hand grinder, small digital scales , thermometer for the kettle and filters. Doesn’t take up a lot of room. Here’s what I use

Thank you.

After returning to our (new) french press for a few coffees, my wife has been asking for a moka pot coffee to start her day and expressed interest in an Expresso (sic ;)) machine. Looking at the Breville Cafe Roma as an espresso intro and, from what I can tell, it seems to be a great starter without breaking the bank.

After returning to our (new) french press for a few coffees, my wife has been asking for a moka pot coffee to start her day and expressed interest in an Expresso (sic ;)) machine. Looking at the Breville Cafe Roma as an espresso intro and, from what I can tell, it seems to be a great starter without breaking the bank.
The espresso machine was my gift last year! It's still running strong. I am up to 6 different ways in our home to make coffee. In no particular order:

Traditional drip
Espresso Machine
Aeropress
French Press
Percolator
Chemex Style

Still want a moka pot.

Back