The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The TSC Coffee Shop

There we go. I increased the beans to 18g and it's much better. I weighed the water and in the end had a 1:15.2 ratio and @MntnMan62 uses a 1:15. Guess that's the magic number.

So many variables and I'm not sure which was the key today. I added probably an oz more water to push the capacity of the Aeropress to get as much coffee as I could. For me, this was an awesome cuppa Joe. It could have been the added water or just that the beans matured for another day. I had roasted them not even a week ago I believe so they could use more time.

Decaf Folgers from a Keurig today 👌
I find decaf Folgers and many other decaf coffees have a very different taste. I get an almost sweet/floral taste that is unique enough to be pleasant at first but becomes irritating after several cups. I guess it’s the method of decafinating. I’ve seen unroasted decaf beans for sale, I should get some (for science) and see if fresh roasted decaf is any good. Who knows, I might have to convert to decaf one day to keep from blowing a rear main seal or cardiac valve.

I've been lazy the past few days. It's been Donut Shop Coffee (medium roast) from the Keurig for me lately. Haven't had the energy to deal with the french press. I'll probably go back to it tomorrow morning to start off the week though.

image.png

We like coffee in Finland :)

7ssznbkse7d41.png

Back