The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Reading Lounge

Okay I haven't posted much in this thread but I'm currently having to read the last 3 or 4 in the Dale brown series. I think he is a fantastic author.. Also to @Spider And Any Air Force people if you haven't already read his stuff you will like it if you enjoy any fiction about the Air Force written by a former Air Force pilot..

Just finished Anthony Doerr's new novel, Cloud Cuckoo Land (Pulitzer-prize winning author of All the Light We Cannot See). I found it hauntingly beautiful and moving, heartbreaking and uplifting. It's an interwoven tale (or tales) of the power of books and stories across three timelines. If you are one that prefers a linear plot, then this may not be the book for you. But if you love stories (and beautiful prose), then I highly, highly recommend.

Just finished Anthony Doerr's new novel, Cloud Cuckoo Land (Pulitzer-prize winning author of All the Light We Cannot See). I found it hauntingly beautiful and moving, heartbreaking and uplifting. It's an interwoven tale (or tales) of the power of books and stories across three timelines. If you are one that prefers a linear plot, then this may not be the book for you. But if you love stories (and beautiful prose), then I highly, highly recommend.

That sounds a bit like Richard Powers’s ‘The Overstory.’

Currently Project Hail Mary by Andy Weir, and just finished SevenEves by Neal Stephenson

Seveneves was a very good book. Have you read The Baroque Cycle trilogy? I highly recommend them if you haven’t.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seveneves was a very good book. Have you read The Baroque Cycle trilogy? I highly recommend them if you haven’t.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I will have to thank you, the ending of SevenEves left me a bit upset I wanted more. The lead up to the "5000 years later" was awesome then after the 5000 yrs it went too fast and just ended, LOL with the Pingers LOL

Currently on Book 4 of the "We are Bob" Series of the Bobiverse
1. We Are Legion
2. For we are Many
3. All these Worlds
4. Heaven's River

Back