The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Mystery Traveling Box

3) Keep the box no longer than one week.

Well I haven't had it for a week yet. It was delivered on Thursday. I guess I will have it for a day longer than I am supposed...oops. Believe me all...I will make it worth it in the box...that is if I can fit all the stuff in there... 🙂

Good Lord! A bunch of whiners around here! 🙂 Man...a dude has to work and watch football.

Okay, okay...I think I have made some decisions.

Tonight I will have picks and pics to post! So hold on to your horses! And I will try to get this off to @bentheduck on Friday!
Hey i didnt whine.. All i said was i missed the sign up and I said i was enjoying watching..... Geeezzzzzzzzzz some peoples......if i was whinning i would have said waaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh 😭 🤪

So...Flat Spider and me did some site seeing last night after work. Some of the pics are not the best because Flat Spider was so excited he couldn't stay still. So some of the pics are not as clear or crisp as I would like. But we did our best.

First stop was the USS Kidd. It's a World War II Destroyer Class Ship that has been decommissioned and docked in Baton Rouge as long as I can remember. In the background you can see the "New" Mississippi Bridge. I call it "New" because it is about 50 years old. But for some reason...we all call it the New Bridge.
1569497756352.png1569497810388.png

Next stop was the State Capitol. The Louisiana State Capitol building is the tallest in the US. It stands 450 feet tall and 34 floors.

1569497945478.png
1569497983640.png

And Finally...no visit to the baton Rouge area is complete without a visit to see Mike the Tiger...the mascot of the Louisiana State University. Watch Out Flat Spider! There is a Tiger behind you!

1569498134557.png
1569498178561.png
1569498198746.png

OOPS!!! Forgot! While at the Capitol, Flat Spider wanted to say hello to Louisiana's most famous and infamous governor...Huey Long! Huey Long was quite the character and did many great things for the state...and many...well not so great things. Robert Penn Warren wrote a Pulitzer Prize winning book called "All the King's Men" that is loosely based off of Huey Long. There was even a couple of movies based off the book.

1569498585452.png

1569498603952.png

Cool Tour! I love seeing pics from all the different cities. It's cool to see what you guys think is important/interesting about where you live. And Mike is awesome! I'd love to have a tiger...... too bad he wont fit in the box.

I'd love to have a tiger...... too bad he wont fit in the box.

Also, I don't think Monkey would approve.

But Mike is a beautiful creature! He's actually an animal that would not survive in the wild. He was born in captivity and was donated to LSU. He is constantly cared for by the LSU Vet school. And he has a multi million dollar habitat. He has a good life! I know it's hard to tell....but he is a huge cat. Weighs around 450 pounds!

Had every intention of getting the box packed up last night and shipped out today. But...I ran into AC problems at home so it will have to wait one more day. Sorry guys.

Here are a couple other pictures of Mike that I took earlier in the year that are a tad better...

1569585406128.png
1569585440679.png
1569585503560.png

Okay guys...there is some really good stuff in there and I hope the stuff I put in is up to snuff! I went ahead and picked what I wanted...went to pack everything up...and realized that I couldn't get everything to fit. So I had to add to take a couple more things. Anyway...the box is on its way to @bentheduck. here is are the pics of what I took...

1569628156198.png

1569628186785.png

Thanks again to @Spider for making all this happen. It's a lot of fun!

Back