The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Mystery Traveling Box

This was my take from the box, not an easy decision, to make!
What-I-Took-Out.jpg

Oh yeah there was a cigar in the box, but it had not fared the travel well. It was hard and busted. I removed it.
FYI cigars, if properly stored, should be firm, but spongy. If you squeeze it you should feel some resistance and it should spring back when released. If it is hard or on the other end of the scale squishy, then it was improperly stored.
I put it in my humidor, but unfortunately in this condition, there will not be much of the flavor left.

Last edited:
This was my take from the box, not an easy decision, to make!
View attachment 8839

Oh yeah there was a cigar in the box, but it had not fared the travel well. It was hard and busted. I removed it.
FYI cigars, if properly stored, should be firm, but spongy. If you squeeze it you should feel some resistance and it should spring back when released. If it is hard or on the other end of the scale squishy, then it was improperly stored.
I put it in my humidor, but unfortunately in this condition, there will not be much of the flavor left.
Nice score!

Back