The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Journey of a Blind Squirrel aka Clint's Shave Journal

I had looked at these - and was impressed with the lines of the razor- very Nice acquisition Clint.

March 6, 2022
Hone 15S
Feather
Doug Korn DK7
MdC
Agua Lavanda Puig Splash and EdC

Happy Sunday Everyone. It has been a really nice weekend here in the ATL. The temps have been great and all the pollen has not arrived yet. Given that it feels like spring, I thought lavender might be appropriate for today. I love thhe original MdC scent with its medicinal lavender smell that permeates the shave. Back with the Hone 15S again today. I feel much more at ease with the shave this morning. Everything clicked with the razor. I love the wide sweet spot and the heft of the razor. I am looking forward to using the 15s the remainder of the week. I am off to visit my Mom and take her out to lunch. I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday. Take care.

March 7, 2022
Hone 15S
Feather
Paladin
AOS Bourbon Shave Cream
Small Batch Shave Tonic Winter Reserve

Happy Monday Everyone. That means another weekend is in the books. Out the door in a rush this morning so I really appreciated the automatic drama free shave with the 15s. Take care everyone and have a great Monday.

March 8, 2022
Hone 15S
Feather
Simpson CH3 Synthetic
La Savonniere du Moulin
Proraso Sandalwood Aftershave

Happy Tuesday I think. I have a lot of stuff going on at work now and I seem to get further behind each day. I will just keep chipping away at the backlog and it will eventually get done. At least I hope that's the case. I am really enjoying this run with the Hone 15s. I find the razor exceptionally easy to use with a wide sweet spot and minimal blade feel. If you are looking for a R41 type shave, the Hone is not the razor. Another drama free near perfect shave this morning. I really like this type of shave for the work week. I have enough stuff on my mind already, I don't want to have to think about the shave. I hope everyone has a wonderful day. Take care.

March 9, 2022
Hone 15S
Feather
Simpson CH2 Synthetic
Antica Barbieria Colla Hard Soap
Prosaso Sandalwood Aftershave

Happy Hump Day. It is a rainy messy day here in the ATL. That should make the morning commute interesting at least. Back with the Hone again. I will finish this week out with the razor. The Hone has proven to be a very easy razor for me to use. I seem to gravitate to these types of razors. In particular I like the easy razors during the work week. Another automatic shave this morning. I did spend some extra time on my neck to catch the baby. I hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday.

Happy Wednesday! At this rate, you'll soon be calling the razor "Honey" instead of Hone. 💃

🤣 Too funny Sam. I will admit I have admired the Hone for a long time. I am happy to say that the razor beat my expectations. I hope you have a great Wednesday.

I like the sleek look of the Hone - I do have a question - since it has a satin finish - I’m assuming that allows for plenty of “grip” since the razor doesn’t have knurling?

I like the sleek look of the Hone - I do have a question - since it has a satin finish - I’m assuming that allows for plenty of “grip” since the razor doesn’t have knurling?

I just think the Hone looks cool. The matte satin finish does provide good grip while using. I have not had any problems using the razor with wet hands. I am not riding the cap of the razor while shaving so I have not noticed any drag due to the finish.

I just think the Hone looks cool. The matte satin finish does provide good grip while using. I have not had any problems using the razor with wet hands. I am not riding the cap of the razor while shaving so I have not noticed any drag due to the finish.
It is a beautiful razor my friend - I really like the look. I like the ”gold” version look as well that they offer. Really great acquisition!

March 10, 2022
Hone 15S
Feather
Shavemac DO1 Flat Top
AOS Bourbon Shave Cream
Small Batch Shave Tonic Winter Reserve

Happy Thursday Everyone. On a personal note, I have decided to try and loose some weight and get healthier. I started on Tuesday and its going well so far. My biggest problems will be the bourbon and the sweets. But maybe I can reintroduce those in moderation at some point in the future. Another automatic drama free near perfect shave again this morning. As usual, my lower right neck proved to be my nemesis. I hope everyone has a great day. Take care everyone.

Back