The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Journey of a Blind Squirrel aka Clint's Shave Journal

Thank you guys. I generally eat fairly healthy and cook fairly healthy. I have two big stumbling blocks that trip me up. I love the sweets and since I quit smoking I will stress eat candy like crazy. My solution is just not to have any candy around me. I can have the willpower not to buy it but I likely won't have the willpower to avoid the sweets at home. My second trouble area is adult beverages. I love to have a beer or a bourbon after work. Those calories are bad enough but I find myself snaking and eating crap when I drink. For now my solution to both problems is just to cut them out.

March 11, 2022
Hone 15S
Feather
Brad Sears Disco
Mithchellā€™s Wool Fat
Proraso Sandalwood Aftershave

It's Friday at last. Whew what a week. Happy Friday everyone!!! Today finishes my week with the Hone 15s. The shaves have been close smooth and uneventful. I really can't ask for better. I am very pleased with this acquisition. Sadly I think it will kick a few razors from my collection to the curb. Off to my office to work today. It would be nice to work remotely but I have some things that really need to be done in the office. I hope everyone has a great Friday. Take Care.

March 12, 2022
OneBlade Genesis LE
GEM PTFE with spine removed
Simpson CH2 Synthetic
Savonniere du Moulin
Proraso Sandalwood Aftershave

Happy Saturday. It is a windy cold morning here in the ATL. I am tired of the winter and ready for summer. It has been a long time since I have used the OneBlade Genesis. I am lucky in that this Genesis will work with a Gem blade with the spline removed. I have to use a hole punch on the Gem blades to use in my other Genesis razor. I know this razor is controversial for many but it flat works for me. It is the ultimate no thought automatic razor. I get a BBS each shave without fail. It almost makes things boring. I am off to run errands with my wife today. I hope everyone has a great Saturday. Take Care.

March 13, 2022
OneBlade Genesis LE
Shavemac Synthetic
Savonniere du Moulin
Fine Lā€™Orange Noir Aftershave
Terre Dā€™Hermes EdT

Happy Sunday Everyone. I know I am a grumpy but I wish we would just pick a time and stay with it. This going forward an hour and then back an hour just makes no sense to me. Enough venting, now for the regularly scheduled shave report. Pretty much the same shave lineup with minor changes. The shave was near perfect and drama free. I am really many a dent in the donkey milk soap. I will keep using it several times a week until its done and dusted. The sun is out so I think Greyson and I will go for a hike or visit the Duluth Town green. I just want to get out of the house and he loves to see new things. I hope everyone has a wonderful day. Take Care.

I know I am a grumpy but I wish we would just pick a time and stay with it. This going forward an hour and then back an hour just makes no sense to me
I was commenting similarly, when a certain estrogen based unit reminded me of the benefit of not having to worry about the offspring units waiting for the school bus in the dark when it was applicable.

Wishing you a great week Clint.

March 14, 2022
Hone 15S
Feather
Elite Razor Desert Ironwood
AOS Bourbon Shave Cream
Small Batch Shave Tonic ā€œWinter Reserveā€

Happy Monday, the start of another work week. With luck this one will be a short week for me. I plan visiting our daughter, Maya, in Lexington, KY this coming weekend. For now reason whatsoever, I decided to go back with the Hone 15s which delivered another fantastic drama free shave. Off to fight the Atlanta Beltway this morning. I hope everyone has a great Monday.

Hope this week goes quickly for you Clint - something very good to look forward to at the end of it!

Thank you Brian. The week seems to be going by too quickly. I just wish I could get caught up. I am looking forward to visiting Maya. I know I biased since she's my daughter but she is just fun to hang out with. I always like hearing her perspective on things. We are going to tour a micro distillery and then just hang out. We will load up my car with a lot of things she doesn't need in the apartment now that its spring. She graduates in 8 weeks or so and we will be moving her out that weekend. Any little bit now will make things easier then.

March 15, 2022
OneBlade Genesis LE
Simpson Synthetic
Savonniere du Moulin
Barberry Coast Havana Aftershave

Happy Tuesday Everyone. I went back with the OneBlade this morning. I find this razor flat works for me. Simply removing the spine from a Gem blade works with this razor. My other OneBlade requires me to use a hole punch to get the Gem blade to tight enough to shave. As such I tend to use this one with Gem Blades and the other one with Feathers. A couple of years back, I used the OneBlade razors for well over half my daily shaves. Off to my office for the day. I hope everyone has a great Tuesday. Take care and stay safe.

Thank you Brian. The week seems to be going by too quickly. I just wish I could get caught up. I am looking forward to visiting Maya. I know I biased since she's my daughter but she is just fun to hang out with. I always like hearing her perspective on things. We are going to tour a micro distillery and then just hang out. We will load up my car with a lot of things she doesn't need in the apartment now that its spring. She graduates in 8 weeks or so and we will be moving her out that weekend. Any little bit now will make things easier then.
Spoil them good! Itā€™s fun.

Back