The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Dreaded 2020 TSC "S Word" Thread

I'm OUT..........................a RARE razor I had NEVER seen before came up and I had been intrigued by it but unwilling to pay the price. After a few weeks now I saw it dropped to 2/3 the original asking and couldn't pass it up and maybe never see another. I had a razor or 2 available as an exception but had dropped it so buying puts me out. I will still be careful on purchases going forward though although some BL may be in my sights ...........

I'm OUT..........................a RARE razor I had NEVER seen before came up and I had been intrigued by it but unwilling to pay the price. After a few weeks now I saw it dropped to 2/3 the original asking and couldn't pass it up and maybe never see another. I had a razor or 2 available as an exception but had dropped it so buying puts me out. I will still be careful on purchases going forward though although some BL may be in my sights ...........
Sorry to hear that, but excited about your purchase! No ribbing from me, now you can play the home version!

Eric, typing with 1 finger on my phone.

So what razor is it? (I'm living vicariously...)

Not so fast my friend....just because you stole a cookie doesn’t mean you can’t stay on the diet wagon. You were doing so well, stick with it just a little longer. You had other razors as an exception, how could you possibly know this rare opportunity would occur. Stick with it until the end of the month ...you can do it.

As an "S" thing participant, I agree with @CBLindsay, stick with us! I went out in on sabb... Oops, S thing, and then spent more than ever for a few months. And every item I bought was sold or PIF'd within months. Every item. Don't fall into the thinking of being out so might as well buy more. I vote you back on the island, @Dave in KY! We misfits gotta stick together!

Not so fast my friend....just because you stole a cookie doesn’t mean you can’t stay on the diet wagon. You were doing so well, stick with it just a little longer. You had other razors as an exception, how could you possibly know this rare opportunity would occur. Stick with it until the end of the month ...you can do it.
Yup, 100% on board with the @CBLindsay philosophy ... and not just for shaving; The "one day at a time" approach after a "bump" can be applied in many ways in life.
As an "S" thing participant, I agree with @CBLindsay, stick with us! I went out in on sabb... Oops, S thing, and then spent more than ever for a few months. And every item I bought was sold or PIF'd within months. Every item. Don't fall into the thinking of being out so might as well buy more. I vote you back on the island, @Dave in KY! We misfits gotta stick together!

At least you went out big! Nice razor Dave.
I am in favor of giving Dave a mulligan.
I appreciate the thoughts guys but I consider myself officially out. As I stated I will be careful with purchases going forward anyway. I still want to maintain the same mindset but perhaps without the Big S thing hanging over me. Only other thing in my sights was the anniversary thing and some CBL soaps. I did after the razor purchase, go to CBL Soaps and put near $80 worth of soaps in my cart but stopped shy of clicking "BUY" so I caught myself and will still play somewhat from the cheap seats. Thanks again

I appreciate the thoughts guys but I consider myself officially out. As I stated I will be careful with purchases going forward anyway. I still want to maintain the same mindset but perhaps without the Big S thing hanging over me. Only other thing in my sights was the anniversary thing and some CBL soaps. I did after the razor purchase, go to CBL Soaps and put near $80 worth of soaps in my cart but stopped shy of clicking "BUY" so I caught myself and will still play somewhat from the cheap seats. Thanks again
While I would LOVE it if you hit the buy button you know you don't need back-ups to your back ups. There WILL be more when you want it. ...besides, there might be new stuff somewhere down the line you want so you might as well wait until there is something new and exciting and grab that.

While I would LOVE it if you hit the buy button you know you don't need back-ups to your back ups. There WILL be more when you want it. ...besides, there might be new stuff somewhere down the line you want so you might as well wait until there is something new and exciting and grab that.
Thanks Chris, as long as the Russian Tea is available I'll wait and see if new shows up. Thanks 😉

And I’m out. I accidentally bought a Fat Boy.

I occasionally throw a bid on things on the bay. Most of the time I am outbid quickly and other times I am outbid in the last few minutes/seconds. So I threw a bid on a FB a few days ago, just goofing, and got a notice that I won. Well crap. But worth it, I have been wanting one.

I’ll still play along at home. I plan on a few Stirling and CBL purchases and I’m done for the year.

Back