The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Dreaded 2020 TSC "S Word" Thread

I'm out - Cremo shave stick. Is there a Mulligan list? Can I restart? Or should I just buy all the stuff I've been avoiding on BST?

I'm Out. Bid on a really nice Hydro Magic Schick and was pleasantly surprised to win. This will be my first injector, and my thanks to @dangerousdon for starting the Characteristics of the Different Injector Versions thread, and the posts there specifically by @dkeester and @Dave in KY!
(pics from seller's listing, and are not intended to passed off as mine)
schick in case.png
razor.png

Not fully two months into 2020 and half of us are Out. Best of luck to those still in!

1. Dave in KY exception A Dragonsbeard Set if released and any Cadre Exclusive/limited type thing out 1/26 rare razor great price
2. dkeester - first six months of 2020 - exceptions 1) a new strop, 2) 1 or 2 new, non-vintage straight razors, 3) a Paladin brush, 4) 1-3 plates for Karve DE
3. Milkcrate - exceptions 1 or 2 CBL soaps and 1 or 2 Stirling sets and trades. out 2/1 accidentally purchased Fatboy
4. MaineYooper - exceptions 1 & 2) replacement soap when/if needed, 3) Karve SS plates/stand out 2/22 Schick Hydro Magic in case
5. Aaron - all year - one shave soap, TSC anniversary item out 2/20 shave stick
6. Somnos - TSC Anniversary Item
7. bobmsp - exceptions - 1 DE razor and 1 SE razor
8. pbrmhl - exception, new Stirling stainless razor and Blackland Tradere

I'm Out. Bid on a really nice Hydro Magic Schick and was pleasantly surprised to win. This will be my first injector, and my thanks to @dangerousdon for starting the Characteristics of the Different Injector Versions thread, and the posts there specifically by @dkeester and @Dave in KY!
(pics from seller's listing, and are not intended to passed off as mine)
View attachment 17731
View attachment 17732

Not fully two months into 2020 and half of us are Out. Best of luck to those still in!

1. Dave in KY exception A Dragonsbeard Set if released and any Cadre Exclusive/limited type thing out 1/26 rare razor great price
2. dkeester - first six months of 2020 - exceptions 1) a new strop, 2) 1 or 2 new, non-vintage straight razors, 3) a Paladin brush, 4) 1-3 plates for Karve DE
3. Milkcrate - exceptions 1 or 2 CBL soaps and 1 or 2 Stirling sets and trades. out 2/1 accidentally purchased Fatboy
4. MaineYooper - exceptions 1 & 2) replacement soap when/if needed, 3) Karve SS plates/stand out 2/22 Schick Hydro Magic in case
5. Aaron - all year - one shave soap, TSC anniversary item out 2/20 shave stick
6. Somnos - TSC Anniversary Item
7. bobmsp - exceptions - 1 DE razor and 1 SE razor
8. pbrmhl - exception, new Stirling stainless razor and Blackland Tradere
You're gonna like the Hydromagic. Love mine 👍

I should report that I used part of my exception yesterday. Picked up a relatively inexpensive Gibbs on the Bay since my existing one needs some work. So I'm through with my DE for the year.

I didn't sign up for the dreaded 'S' thing, but I did decide for Lent I would give up shave purchases. So, I'll be feeling the pain for the next (roughly) month and a half.

For anyone else not on board with a whole year, this might be a good exercise in restraint. For those religious, it might also be an enlightening one, too. Just wanted to toss this out as an idea, before we get too far into the Lenten season. [emoji846]

Ugh. I am out of Thayer's WH so I have started using a bottle of plain WH from Walmart. That is annoying. I had forgotten how bad regular WH can smell. What is worse is that I am almost out of Lucky Tiger Facial Tonic, which has become a daily use item for me. I may have to put myself out and resupply at least the Lucky Tiger.

Back