The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Dreaded 2019 TSC "S Word" Thread

Aaron and I are tuffing it out while Doug sits under a pile of things it would take a lifetime to get thru from Josh and saying "I feel fine" ???

Tuffing it out? Is that what you call it? You seem to have acquired quite a lot of new stuff over the past month through trades and whatnot. Exploiting every loophole you can, you’ve acquired more new stuff than I have!

Nuthin new in my house. I may eventually try to trade a bottle of cologne for a PAA bakelite slant one of these days. And whenever the scent I want from Mike's is back in stock, I'm going to buy one. But until then, I'm doing just fine.

Tuffing it out? Is that what you call it? You seem to have acquired quite a lot of new stuff over the past month through trades and whatnot. Exploiting every loophole you can, you’ve acquired more new stuff than I have!
Well, it is a purchase sabbatical not an acquisition sabbatical.

I'd have been crushed if you weren't the first. I told Dave Noir
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png

I was quite ready to enable too!
1f608.png

Dave’s new Custom Title: TSC’s Designated Quitter!
1f61c.png
1f602.png

Of course, I consider this a win in my book. Congrats!

Says that quit on the Parker
The Parker quit on me. Not happy about it. But I put a new one in today, so I’m still in the one blade Feb! Perfectly in bounds.

Why you coming down on me? I’m proud of you!

Just frustrated I caved but wanted another SE. Couldn't pass up on an ATT SE1 that came available in stainless. No longer made. Sorry, I actually changed out my Sputnik. 18 was too many. New Sputnik is loaded for tomorrow. I'll need a handle but use my Timeless for now.

Details on the failure:
I've missed not having and SE razor using AC blades and haven't finished my search for what is right for me before starting the "S" thing.
So I have been thinking I should at least take a stab at getting a SS General by posting a Wanted in BST just to see if one should show up. While doing that I saw a good deal on a Stainless Steel ATT SE1 head with 3 Aftershaves from Oleo and 2 packs of AC blades popped up. I don't have any knowledge of ATT other than they've been around for awhile and did some quick research with reviews comparing it to none other than the General and the Vector with it being split as far as preferences from people that had both. This had me questioning if the Vector was worth what I could get the ATT and the General for combined. I opted to go with these choices as they aren't being produced any longer and the Vector is. ATT purchased and watching for a General to pop up eventually.

I appreciate Doug starting the "S" thing and although I failed at it I will carry the principles of it going forward. I'll enjoy the products I have more and be selective on future purchases, mostly seeking to offset buys with sales.

Back