The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Dreaded 2019 TSC "S Word" Thread

I do have 3 soaps coming today from trading the Cognac and Cuban Cigars set. And there is that thing from Josh in about a week it'll be coming in....

I was going to sign up for this, but I have two razors out: one for replating, the other for repair. I'm exercising personal restraint on purchases: I need no blades, brushes, or razors, but I may need to buy soap and AS before the year's end.

My favorite part of these restraints is reading the anguish suffered by those of us who are constitutionally incapable of resisting the urge to try something new. And the negotiating for additional exceptions! I'm going to keep an eye on this vital thread.
1f601.png

So far, so good. I haven't been feeling the need to acquire anything, and winning Josh's PIF should help me make it through a few months. We will see.

I think I am going to do okay.

It's KILLING me. With Bill in Oneida at aj junk shop and spot BIG Brut glass bottles of cologne $10. Was gonna quit and was walking to the register but put it back. Why did I have to see it at all???

$10?!?!?! I think I paid like $27 for mine. Wow!

So, you and Bill live near each other?

We live an hour apart and I had some stuff to drop off and he would get to the person getting out of the hospital. I walked away still in the "S" thing. Bill was going to buy it for me and I said no I'll just quit the "S" thing but on the way to the register I changed my mind and put it back on the shelf. I DO HAVE WILL POWER but IT's KILLING ME. I'm back home now. Still have my little glass bottle

If Dave wasn't already pretty much bald, I think the stress from this would have done it.

LOLOLOLOL!!! I'm busting up because it's only been 11 days and I think your head is already going to explode.
I'm sad........I know this........do you have to remind me. If it wasn't unobtanium it would be different. I actually thought I might find another stash of Pacific Rush and then saw them.......

I sad........I know this........do you have to remind me. If it wasn't unobtanium it would be different. I actually thought I might find another stash of Pacific Rush and then saw them.......
Tell you what. Anything you find you want. Just buy it for me. I'll hold it for you and after 6 months sell it back to you plus a "small" handling percentage.

I seem to recall someone saying very recently in a for sale thread something along the lines of sabbaticals come and go.
1f602.png
1f602.png

I seem to recall someone saying very recently in a for sale thread something along the lines of sabbaticals come and go.
1f602.png
1f602.png
That someone knows the sooner he gives up on it, the longer he'll be ragged for it. ?

Back