The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Dreaded 2019 TSC "S Word" Thread

Almost blew it already without even thinking. Picked up 10 assured razors at the dollar tree as it's the 1st time they've been at our local one. Thought KJ may want for his stunt shave challenges as it's been done elsewhere. Was going to keep one and send 9 to him and then it hit me. Wasn't even thinking.....all 10 going to KJ to use for pifing the stunt shaves if he wants to. That was close. Gotta get my head on straight....

Almost blew it already without even thinking. Picked up 10 assured razors at the dollar tree as it's the 1st time they've been at our local one. Thought KJ may want for his stunt shave challenges as it's been done elsewhere. Was going to keep one and send 9 to him and then it hit me. Wasn't even thinking.....all 10 going to KJ to use for pifing the stunt shaves if he wants to. That was close. Gotta get my head on straight....

they are a decent shave.

I plan on on picking up a few more when they are in stock at my dollar tree again. Want 1 for each month this year (as I read they last 30 shaves).

they are a decent shave.

I plan on on picking up a few more when they are in stock at my dollar tree again. Want 1 for each month this year (as I read they last 30 shaves).
You plan on shaving with just them for a year?

KJ was uninterested so does anyone else want to head this up for the Cadre?

Start the thread in the DE section and I am sure people will sign up. I have some Assured DE blades to use, and am not opposed to shaving with something from the dollar store. I mean I did shave with something from a dollar store in Russia.

I have enough irons in the fire at the moment with multiple pass arounds going on, so if no one wants to run this it will sit awhile.

So I had a friend of my wife show up and hand me this box her husband picked up at a discount house for $1...................yes $1 because he knows I shave with de's. It wasn't needed as I have tons of blades, it wasn't requested and he didn't know about the sabbatical. I didn't want to be rude and refuse. Still feel I'm in as I didn't purchase and while I want to use up some stuff the main idea of the "S thing for me was to not spend money but I'll go with what people "IN" the "S" thing decide.

You're still in, Dave. I'd advise against using Merkur blades, though. Ouch.
Agreed, accepting PIFs does not automatically put you out. The Merkur blades, however, aren't known for being great. I hope they work well for you.

Thanks all for the response about the blades. May try 1 eventually so I can tell him I did. Maybe they'll be okay for me or maybe not. Ya never know

Back