The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Dreaded 2019 TSC "S Word" Thread

And we need all the loopholes and exceptions we can can get. There are only 3 of us, right?
Just 3 for now. That VADER thing took the steam out of signups as it's for the loophole seekers. I plan on paring back my exceptions before it starts hopefully.

Quick, before I come to my senses and use it for something practical - I won a $5 credit to my Amazon account. I want to blow it on one last shaving purchase but don't know what to get.

What's your favorite of the 3 new Pinaud scents? Or is there something else under $10 I should get?

Quick, before I come to my senses and use it for something practical - I won a $5 credit to my Amazon account. I want to blow it on one last shaving purchase but don't know what to get.

What's your favorite of the 3 new Pinaud scents? Or is there something else under $10 I should get?
In reserve the Whiskey Woods is the best of the 3. In standard I like the Citrus Musk. If you like Voskhod, they were $7 and change for 100 free shipping

Haven’t tried the new ones. Virgin Island Bay Rum is my #1 of the older scents.

Thanks guys. I decided to go with something not quite as strongly scented, so I got a backup of Superior 70. Whiskey Woods is on my to try list, though. Ok, that's my last purchase of the year.

UPDATED and narrowing my exception down
1. dkeester - six months, exceptions: A new brush (either Sorrentino or Paladin), one order from WCS, a Koraat SR
2. Dave in KY - six months and 1 day, Exception 1 brush (Beehive Paladin) 1 order from CBL Soaps, ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶r̶a̶z̶o̶r̶ and possibly a trip to Pasteur's
3. Aaron - all of 2019 and one day. Exceptions: one shave soap (but only after I finish at least 2 that I already have) and a roller guard razor if I find one for a decent price.

Does that trip to Pasteur’s include a purchase, or are you just sight seeing?
1f602.png

I have bought so much in 2018 that I need some time off to try and to enjoy the stuff that I have bought before getting more.

Doug, can you update my exceptions and remove the Paladin Beehive ? I've been a VERY naughty boy................mission accomplished

Back