The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Avon Collection and Information Thread

Captain Spaulding!! I love that guy.... he’s on my tub of clown puke soap!

Howdy Folks! You like blood? Violence? Freaks of nature? Well then, come on down to Captain Spaulding's Museum of Monsters and Mad-Men. See the Alligator Boy, ride my famous Murder Ride. Most of all, don't forget to take home some of my tasty fried chicken! Ha ha! It just tastes so d@mn good!

Well, s#!t the bed! Howdy folks, come on in!

Found this in the wild yesterday - full bottle - and only $3.24........

G3R1kTc.jpg

7DWX1JV.jpg

61B92C71-4E42-439C-9EF1-19159C2D7F90.jpeg4E8164BE-C608-48BA-A94D-A75933713B6B.jpeg9F73D022-69A1-4C06-99ED-84CE585C383E.jpegI’m an avid fan of vintage Avon fragrances. The 3 pictures you see are recent acquisitions I got from my local flea market. The top picture costed me $5 for all pictured; they were sold at a buck a pop. Even the 20 Paces set was sold for a buck! The middle picture I bought the Pipe Dream filled with Tribute for 1 dollar and the Supercharge with Spicy, Volkswagen with Windjammer and 1990 Corvette filled with Wild Country 3 for $1. The Corvette not only had the box but also decal stickers with instructions never used! In the top photo all but the football helmet filled with WC came with their corresponding boxes.

I got one of the liquor jugs in the fake pass around box I was sent...sadly it was too junked/funked up to save, though I tried. :ROFLMAO:

You said the chess if pretty complete, what are you missing? I saw some around here the other day and will go look if you're missing something.
Much appreciated buddy. I think I have them all, I just couldn't remember. Most bottles are empty and not really collecting. They came in a lot I bought that had 70 bottles (2/3 of them full) for $20

Much appreciated buddy. I think I have them all, I just couldn't remember. Most bottles are empty and not really collecting. They came in a lot I bought that had 70 bottles (2/3 of them full) for $20
Ok well let me know if you find out you need any. They had a box or two of Avon stuff at this one place I go to sometimes that's just collecting dust.

Wheee! Chess pieces!
Cool huh? I’ve always said that between your occupation, interests, or hobbies... Avon made at least one decanter for everyone! In your case they made at least 32! I have the full chess set and the Avon Chess board. It’s pretty big!

The owl decanters are pretty cool, it reminds me of Archimedes from Jason and the Argonauts (original).

Back