The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Avon Collection and Information Thread

Everest - crisp junipery scent
Seriously one of my favorite Avon Scents! Everest has that coniferous scent to it (or Juniper that Spider calls it). It's a great fall time scent or winter. I wear it anytime of the year.

Welcome back Angelo! Haven’t seen you post here in a while. I’ve actually never heard of that scent either. But I’m out of town and away from my Avon books so can’t look it up right now either.
That’s ok, if I get my bottle before you head home I’ll try to explain the scent.

@Angelo85 I waited for @Spider to comment before I interjected in this conversation , But American Classic by Avon from what I have found was first produced in 1986..It can be found on other markets, outside the U.S. A very pine wood-like scent, it's true to its name, The soft woodsy base is considered a very nice one, with touches of moss.. Longevity and Sillage are ok, and , it's considered a very nice fourgère.

As a side note the agreed upon replacement of Avon American Classic was Perceive for Men By Avon ( 2001 ) as it is considered Very Similar.. There is more information on the latter available with just a google search..

I hope this helps until our resident Avon Man gets home to his books...

Why wait? If you have the info, then share it! That’s more than my book is going to say anyway.
A lot of you guys have more info or know more than I do , so I try to default to you guys first and if there is any more to add then I will..

@Spider I mean I figured one of you guys would have more information than I probably did , down to where it was made and what month and maybe even where the fragrances were obtained and at what temps they were processed and whatnot.. ;)(y)

You guys I sometimes wonder where you pull all the info from....

Here is a list of the guys Avon Scents and what was considered a replacement or similar enough to be their replacements in case anyone was ever wondering...

Men’s Fragrances
A
American Classic : Replaced by Perceive for Men
B
Black Leather : Replaced by Black Suede
Blue Blazer : Replaced by Perceive for Men
Brisk Spice : Replaced by Mesmerize for Men, Black Suede
C
Cavalier : Replaced by Black Suede
CJ : Replaced by Black Suede, Mesmerize for Men
Clint : Replaced by Black Suede
Cordovan : Replaced by Black Suede, Wild Country
Cool Sage : Replaced by Wild Country
Cool Seas : Replaced by Wild Country
Crisp Lime : Replaced by Perceive for Men
D
Deep Woods : Replaced by Wild Country
E
Encontro for Men : Replaced by Wild Country
Everafter for Men : Replaced by Wild Country
Everest : Replaced by Wild Country
Exclusive : Replaced by Wild Country
F
Far Away for Men : Replaced by Wild Country
Feraud Pour Homme : Replaced by Mesmerize for Men, Black Suede
Friktion for Men : Replaced by Black Suede
G
Granite : Replaced by Mesmerize for Men, Wild Country
J
Jamoca Musk for Men : Replaced by Paradigm
JRT : Replaced by Wild Country
L
Legacy : Replaced by Black Suede, Wild Country
Light Musk for Men : Replaced by Wild Country
Loverboy : No Replacement
M
Maxx : Replaced by Perceive for Men
Modern Balance : Replaced by Perceive for Men
O
Oland : Replaced by Wild Country
P
Pro Fitness for Men : Replaced by Wild Country
Power 3000 - Deep Woods : Replaced by Mesmerize for Men, Black Suede
Power 3000 - Rich Amber : Replaced by Mesmerize for Men, Black Suede
R
Rugger : Replaced by Wild Country
S
SeaZone : Replaced by Black Suede, Wild Country
Signet : Replaced by Wild Country
Sigma Sport Line : Replaced by Perceive for Men, Wild Country
Spicy : Replaced by Mesmerize for Men, Black Suede
Starring for Men : Replaced by Wild Country
Styx Forest : Replaced by Wild Country
T
Tai Winds : Replaced by Black Suede, Wild Country
Tempest : Replaced by Perceive for Men
Trailblazer : No Replacement
Trazarra : Replaced by Black Suede, Mesmerize for Men
Tribute : Replaced by Perceive for Men, Wild Country
Truimph : Replaced by Wild Country
U
Undeniable for Men : Replaced by Black Suede
Uomo: Replaced by Paradigm
W
Weekend : Replaced by Mesmerize for Men, Wild Country
Wild Country Musk : Replaced by Wild Country
Wild Country Outback : Replaced by Wild Country Windjammer : Replaced by Wild Country

Not even close for most of them.
I have no idea. I went to an avon site and got the info from there. I had no idea so many aftershaves and or cologne were currently available New from Avon... It was one of those current Avon ladies sites....

Just to note though. I did Not get the description of American Classic from the same site as the list.. I got the description for American Classic from several different sites and condensed it into one description ....

I had no idea so many aftershaves and or cologne were currently available New from Avon
Wild Country is the only Aftershave splash currently made by Avon. Everything else has been discontinued. There are balms in a few scents available including black suede and mesmerize. Anything available on an individual Rep’s site is old stock.

Wild Country is the only Aftershave splash currently made by Avon. Everything else has been discontinued. There are balms in a few scents available including black suede and mesmerize. Anything available on an individual Rep’s site is old stock.
Oh okay. Thanks for the info, and that's good to know I didn't know that... Well this woman had quite a few of the others too so I will have to look at her site again and see if she has something I might want..

Back