The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Avon Collection and Information Thread

Don't know if anyone is collecting the chess pieces (Thought I read that). These are all mostly empty, perhaps a little WC in one.NOPE
IMG_20190715_203324355.jpg

Last edited:
A lot smell the same to me too with stand outs being leather and Island Lime which I was hoping to land more of. I got there and as I'm picking up boxes (tons of chess pieces) I say this is empty. She was surprised at how many were empty. Still plenty full but not mostly. As I hesitated and am checking them she says I hate you drove this far and want them gone would you take them for $15. After getting a feel for how many were full I said I'd do $20 and she was appreciative. Lot of mixed deep woods, tribute, spicy, wild country, windjammer, oland etc. No lime but will have fun going thru to better see when I get home. Maybe not till tomorrow as I work late. Here is the 2 boxes. The empty Kodiak Bear will go to @Bill in Oneida as he loves bears.
View attachment 6218View attachment 6219View attachment 6220
any other nautical themed bottles other than the lighthouse which I am looking for one of also.? oh and what is spicy?? is it like old spice???

any other nautical themed bottles other than the lighthouse which I am looking for one of also.? oh and what is spicy?? is it like old spice???
spicy is Avon’s version Of Old Spice. PM me if you want Old Spice nautical decanters. I have tons.

That is a nice haul despite no Island Lime or the Leather. But man...Everest is hard to get sometimes and Windjammer is one of my favorites. You can keep the Wild Country though! PEEUW!

Okay...I have a project that I just began today. A comprehensive review of of the Avon scents that I have. A while back (like years ago) a generous fellow by the name of @Spider sent me quite a few samples of Avon aftershaves. Well...in another shave place and another shave time...I reviewed these. Evidently, Mr. Eight Legs liked the reviews so much he sent me more. Well...in typical Don fashion...for some reason or another...I never got around to these scents. Well it is high time that I get to it. My intention is to do video of all the scents. Scent notes, impressions, which ones I like and which ones I don't. I might even put some of this in writing...who knows. Not sure quite how I am going about this and with my vacation coming up...not sure if it will be done before. But I am determined to do this. Here are the scents that I currently have either in sample form or full bottle:

Black Suede
Blend 7
Bravo
Brisk Spice
Cool Seas
Deep Woods
Electric Pre-Shave
Everest
Excalibur
Island Lime
Leather
Light Musk
Oland
Sea Zone
Spicy
Sure Winner Bracing Lotion
Tai Winds
Trazarra
Tribute
Weekend
Wild Country
Windjammer

Not sure if this is a comprehensive list or not...probably not...but it's what I got. Hopefully I get this done sooner, rather than later!

Okay...I have a project that I just began today. A comprehensive review of of the Avon scents that I have. A while back (like years ago) a generous fellow by the name of @Spider sent me quite a few samples of Avon aftershaves. Well...in another shave place and another shave time...I reviewed these. Evidently, Mr. Eight Legs liked the reviews so much he sent me more. Well...in typical Don fashion...for some reason or another...I never got around to these scents. Well it is high time that I get to it. My intention is to do video of all the scents. Scent notes, impressions, which ones I like and which ones I don't. I might even put some of this in writing...who knows. Not sure quite how I am going about this and with my vacation coming up...not sure if it will be done before. But I am determined to do this. Here are the scents that I currently have either in sample form or full bottle:

Black Suede
Blend 7
Bravo
Brisk Spice
Cool Seas
Deep Woods
Electric Pre-Shave
Everest
Excalibur
Island Lime
Leather
Light Musk
Oland
Sea Zone
Spicy
Sure Winner Bracing Lotion
Tai Winds
Trazarra
Tribute
Weekend
Wild Country
Windjammer

Not sure if this is a comprehensive list or not...probably not...but it's what I got. Hopefully I get this done sooner, rather than later!
Looking forward to this Don! If I ever find any in the wild I’ll know what keep an eye out for.

Back