The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Avon Collection and Information Thread

Any idea what year this could be? I know Wild Country debuted in 1967. I'm wondering if this might have been one from the early years of initial launch. This was a NOS bottle, and I actually believe it, because the scent has not "turned" at all. In fact, the scent is amazing, and the longevity is quite impressive - totally diggin' it!

Also, KJ, what is the name of the Avon book/guide that you have? I recall you mentioning it some time ago. Thanks.

4vl4PoX.jpg

I have read that Avon Coastline was simply stunning, but have never seen nor smelled it and cheap it ain't on Ebay.

Thanks for the info @Spider, I'm thinking it must be the spicy, just out of curiosity what does the Sure Winner Bracing Lotion smell like?

It’s been ages since I smelled it, and don’t have any handy, so I couldn’t say.
Ok, thanks.

I tried to look it up and all it said was feminine smell.
Yep, I did not find much either.

I'm planning on heading back to the same place as I got this one as I know there are more there, I just did not have time to look at them all yesterday as I was on a schedule. Not sure of the scents, but I know I saw a Marlin (no head), Trout(again, no head) and a Spartan/Roman Soldier (?) Head.

Ok, thanks.

Yep, I did not find much either.

I'm planning on heading back to the same place as I got this one as I know there are more there, I just did not have time to look at them all yesterday as I was on a schedule. Not sure of the scents, but I know I saw a Marlin (no head), Trout(again, no head) and a Spartan/Roman Soldier (?) Head.
Spartan is fairly rare one.

Back