The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man

NurseDave said:
A few more years you'll be old enough to graduate to real golf ;)

The way I played on Saturday, I think I'd be better off playing real golf!

Awesome read KJ! Great finds in the wild, and love the tattoo and the inspiration behind it! B&M is releasing their seasonal soap "42" tomorrow, coincidentally.

B&M is releasing their seasonal soap "42" tomorrow, coincidentally.

Thanks for the heads up. I have a puck from their first run of it. Honestly, I'm not terribly impressed with their soaps.

Happy belated, and great looking start to the sleeve!

I am someone who also enjoys the experience of getting my tattoos. Longest I have set was 4 hours, but the artist I work with tends to get his work done at a very good pace with amazing application and artistry. Plus, he never makes me bleed too much, which was something I always expected after my first few tattoos.

Greetings, True Believers! It's your old pal Spider-Man.

So, over the past few days I've been playing around with some Grooming Dept soaps that I acquired through a trade with Chad. I"ve only used it 3 times, so I haven't done a full testing, and I'm sure there are things I haven't tried with it yet.

This is one of those, looks can be deceiving soaps for me. The lather is weird. It is not very thick. Maybe I just added too much water, but I cannot get it to thicken up no matter how hard I whip it up. But, like Williams, the lather does not need to be great to give a great shave. In fact, as far as the actual shave goes, I think this might be one of the best soaps I've ever used. Effortless shave. And I swear, the soap made my blade cut better and more efficiently. I say that because it is an older blade, and is starting to get a little rough, but there was no rough feel from these GD shaves.

In my birthday post, I forgot to post one of my favorite gifts from my Girlfriend....... (Are you jealous John?)

Glad you are liking the soaps. For me it was two reasons I decided to move them, 1. scent not really to my liking. 2. The lather is just so different.

But I will admit it does provide an excellent shave.

Meh, Let me clarify. When it comes to collecting, there is no such thing as too much stuff. If it's going to sit on a shelf, for me to admire, the more the merrier. But when it comes to things that I have lying around like soaps, creams, aftershaves, or colognes that I will NEVER use again, they gots to go! They are taking up space that can be used for better things (like SV).... Those items fall under the "too much stuff category".

I cleared out stuff I didn't use years ago, and have just a few of everything. I use one soap, one AS, etc. at a time. I go insane with extra stuff sitting around.

Grooming Department soap is mystery for sure. I got some samples and will say the scent is the star for sure. Love it or hate it the scent is complex and VERY present. I ended up mixing a small amount into one of my home made soaps and it scent the whole tub.

Love the Williams. I happened to score one like that a year or so ago, complete with the paper disk covering the soap. It will get used someday but for now I leave it untouched and admired.

Awesome Vintage Williams KJ! Look forward to reading more of your Journal!

When you are sitting for a tat, do you get pee breaks? These things concern me more as I circle the sun more.

When you are sitting for a tat, do you get pee breaks?
Of course. Your artist wants you to be comfortable, and you can ask to take a break whenever you want. I sat for about 7.5 hours, and in that time we took 2 breaks, probably 10-15 minutes each.

Good reads!

I just received about 5 or so different samples from Mohammed at GD as I was headed out to work. This will be my first outing with GD soaps. I cheated and gave a quick whiff to the open box as I was running out. The cacophony of scents was heady but intoxicating. Really looking forward to the next week of shaves!

Back