The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man

Spider

"The Cadre Constable"
Veteran
Legacy
Concierge
Greetings, True Believers! It's your old pal Spider-Man.

So this will be the first time I've ever done a journal, so we'll see how this goes.

This morning's shave was mostly new for me. I used Chris' Wolfman cream to whip up some nice lather, and the shave with my Fatboy was good as always. But I finished up with Chiseled Face's Cedar & Spice, which I just got in the mail yesterday from a PIF. It's a whole lot of cedar and just a little tiny bit of spice. But I paired it with Pino Silvestre EdT. So I basically smell like I just stepped out of a sawmill, lol. But I dig it. I'm more partial to Nature scents, especially earthy and woodsy (either brown or green scents).

1f3cd.png

So yesterday and today have been exciting as we hit the 70s! Been waiting for warmer weather so I could get out on my new motorcycle more. Yesterday I had to take it in for a State Inspection, then go get it titled and registered. Then I drove it to the VFW for Bingo. The weird thing about that for me, was I knew I was going to have to ride it home in the dark, as I'm usually not done there until 10 or 10:30. I've only been riding for a couple weeks and riding in the dark was kinda scary, especially when I saw a group of deer on the side of the road. Which is common where I live, but obviously unnerving when you are on a bike.

Today I rode it into work for the first time. Y'know what the worst part about riding a motorcycle is for me? The helmet. Not wearing one, necessarily, I'd never ride without one. But wearing a helmet, and having a mohawk are relatively mutually exclusive. I had to figure out a different way to style my hair so it wouldn't look dumb when I took the helmet off. LOL. First world problems, I know.

I'm looking forward to this afternoon, when it will be 76* when I hit the road. I'm going to head down to the Amish Market which is about 15 miles into the country. Should be a nice drive. I think that's what I'm looking forward to most about having a bike..... taking it out on the smaller country roads and exploring some of the nearby smaller towns that I really don't have a reason to go to otherwise.

Of course, I have to enjoy this weird spring weather when I can, because it's going to rain tomorrow, then be back in the 40s this weekend.
1f629.png

Great first entry KJ! Looking forward to seeing where your journal goes from here!

Awesome KJ. Happy to see you joining the journal ranks. Looking forward to your stories. The shave sounds wonderful. Enjoy the bike ride this afternoon!

Welcome to the Journals, KJ. We're actually supposed to hit the mid-60s today, which will be a welcome change from the extended winter we've been dealing with.

What?? Here I think I'm going to read superhero adventures and it's just KJ! ;)

Country roads should be fun. I loved not only feeling the changes in air temp as I rode, but also experiencing the smells. Enjoy!

NurseDave said:
What?? Here I think I'm going to read superhero adventures and it's just KJ!

Whoa, whoa, whoa..... just KJ????? Are you saying I'm not a superhero?

Great start if your journal KJ! Glad your belly is mending and you are getting a chance to enjoy your bike. Beware of stupids and maybe get a helmet cam, just in case.

Greetings, True Believers! It's your old pal Spider-Man.

Today's shave was brought to you be the letters "C", "B", and "L".

This morning I used Chris' Money soap. Used lots of water, lots of whipping, and got some fantastically thick lather. I barely even felt the Fatboy moving across my face. Also, yesterday I received a package in the mail, and it was half a bottle of Alpa Fougere cologne that was PIFd to me from Chris, so I used that this morning as well, as an aftershave. It's kinda like Pinaud colognes, in that, it's pretty much just an aftershave. The scent was not what I expected (Fougeres confuse me), but it was very nice. I found that the scent was very fleeting, (cologne?) and was gone by the time I got to work. Luckily I finished up with some Pino Silvestre Underwood, so I've got scent to last.

So yesterday, as I said I would, I rode my motorcycle to the amish market. Great ride, although just a tad windy, 15-20mph. Today it's supposed to rain, then get back into the 40s this weekend, so I took advantage of my last couple hours of daylight to prep my garden. I hauled out my John Deere and hooked up my tiller attachment and went to town. Only took me about an hour, and got all the weeds turned under good. I bought this house in November, and the sellers didn't really take care of the garden in the fall after they were done with it, so I think it has a lot more weeds and growth than it should have. Hopefully, if I stay on top of it in the spring and fall, I can make this a good weed free garden.

I also had a little buddy who rode with me the whole time I was tilling. See, spiders are friends!

(click to enlarge, I can't figure out how to insert these full size for some reason)

Nice one KJ! I don't mind the jumping spiders...they're really cool. But others....

Ah I see you ran into the part of the software that prevents spiders being displayed in full picture format. LOL!

I saw your pics on facebook, very cool! We have been prepping our garden area also, not big enough to require a tractor though. We have seedlings going everywhere throughout the house and are hoping to transplant to the garden in May sometime.

Cvargo said:
We have seedlings going everywhere throughout the house and are hoping to transplant to the garden in May sometime.

1f34b.png

I've got a few hot pepper seeds going, because they can take up to 60 days to germinate, but aside from that I haven't done much planning for my garden. Just going to play it by ear and either plant seeds or buy plants. Based on how it goes this season, I'll make a better plan for next year.

Nice read. We aren't doing a garden this year. We had a raised bed garden, but the wood was rotten, so we had to tear that up.

Nice Stuff KJ, Ahh helmet head just embrace it, LOL nice shaves KJ,

Glad to see you here in the journals section, KJ!

BTW, I still enjoy the Avon Spice aftershaves that you PIF’d me a while back - thanks again!

cmh737 said:
BTW, I still enjoy the Avon Spice aftershaves that you PIF’d me a while back - thanks again!

Thanks. Always good to hear that something I PIFd is still being used!

Sskim3 said:
Damn that looks like a lot of yard work. LOL tis the season....

I have 7 acres! Luckily, I don't have to mow that much. But my tractor also has a 60" mower deck, so it'll handle what I do need to mow pretty well!

Back