The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The 2021 TSC Weight Loss Challenge!

@woodpusher glad to hear you do not have a tapeworm.

My weight is holding steady at 184. I haven't worked out much in the last month in a half due to injuries, but now I'm struggling to get back to a regular schedule.

Anyone interested in a workout tracking group/workout journal? I feel like I need that daily encouraging boost, from hearing how everyone else is doing.

How's everyone else doing?

I still haven't lost those lbs I mysteriously gained a while back in a matter of days !! I will lose 3 of them and then have 2 back the next day.. Its frustrating..

Anyone tried any of those keto pills that are supposed to help? My wife is interested in trying something because she told me she wants to lose 10 or 20 lbs.

Anyone tried any of those keto pills that are supposed to help? My wife is interested in trying something because she told me she wants to lose 10 or 20 lbs.
Nope, eating keto and drinking plenty of water did it for me. I’m still sitting at about -48lbs from my high of 233

Nope, eating keto and drinking plenty of water did it for me. I’m still sitting at about -48lbs from my high of 233
I keep telling her if she wants to try keto to do it the traditional way but she keeps asking about the pills so I thought I'd ask you guys about them. Thanks

I keep telling her if she wants to try keto to do it the traditional way but she keeps asking about the pills so I thought I'd ask you guys about them. Thanks
I don’t know what keto pills are. But I know the vast majority of products out there that are labeled keto, are really not.
Keto is very simple to do, it just takes some preplanning. If you do it right, it will work and you don’t need any supplements to make it work.

It's mid-month and August has seen me in the 140-150 lb range. Been walking about 1 hr 40 min to just over 2 hours most days; 40 mins on the elliptical with my mom and also taking 7am walks with my wife by the lake.
1629029202136.png

Well… sadly with the back issue and being supine for so long and not making good “diet choices” gained back a few kilos but since back to the shop this week have dropped 8 lbs. so here we go again LOL

The last two days have seen me below 149 lbs. :(

Not sure what the problem is as so far today I have had:
- 6:45am : coffee and two slices of toast with peanut butter
- 8:30am : stovetop oatmeal with brown sugar, raisins, diced apricots and milk
- 10:30am : bowl of cereal with 5 heaping spoons of yogurt and a chopped banana
- 11:40am : coffee and 3 crackers with peanut butter

Now, what's for lunch? I'm hungry.

This morning, I dropped below 148 lbs for the first time this year.
I blame it on my lunch yesterday of 6 tomatoes and my supper of 1/2-bowl of pasta followed by 1/2 large bag of cheetos and peach whisky* for dessert.

This morning, I dropped below 148 lbs for the first time this year.
I blame it on my lunch yesterday of 6 tomatoes and my supper of 1/2-bowl of pasta followed by 1/2 large bag of cheetos and peach whisky* for dessert.
Sounds like you got cleaned out!

MId-month check-in for me.

While I have not been able to put back on any of my weight from earlier this year, at least the descent seems to have stopped and I'm staying around 148-150 lbs.
1631929327451.png

I am a MONSTER!!!

Average weight is up by about a whole pound this month and my end-of-month weight is up by a ginormous 0.2 lbs
YES! You read that correctly... I gained weight this month! :ROFLMAO:
1633089700749.png

Like Remo Williams, the adventure continues *Sigh*

Mid-month check-in time for me.

According to the 7-day rolling average, I'm holding in the 149-150 lb range so far this month. Even with the weather getting chillier (but more important, still dark when we get up) and not taking our hour walk before work, I do not expect to gain weight because of being sedentary as I am getting back on the elliptical and will be burning more calories than strolling around.
1634297905239.png

Mid-month check-in time for me.

According to the 7-day rolling average, I'm holding in the 149-150 lb range so far this month. Even with the weather getting chillier (but more important, still dark when we get up) and not taking our hour walk before work, I do not expect to gain weight because of being sedentary as I am getting back on the elliptical and will be burning more calories than strolling around.
View attachment 63791
Maybe it’s time to be okay with who you are. We are all special in our own way. Your ways might be a little more “special” but hey, that’s okay too.

Back