The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The 2021 TSC Weight Loss Challenge!

Hey this is a great thing to do losing weight.
I would love to join but I am about finishing my goal of 50 pounds. I have about 7 more pounds to go. I started on this the week after the super bowl and I am going on day 324. So joining this would not benefit me.

But I would be so happy to be a coach and help anyone with guidance and questions.
I was 300 pounds about 7 years ago.
Now I am 197. I have maintained my weight never to go above 235 during this time.

This was a life changing event in my health.
So please I would love to help anyone.

Copy this list and add your name to sign up:
1. Spider
2. Uacowboy
3. dangerousdon
4. global_dev
5. Shavin' Yeti
6. hawklet00
7. Cvargo
8. Fenster
9. NurseDave
10. BarberDave
11. FarmerTan
12. mvargo
13. Luecke3262
14. Joe Hackett
15. woodpusher (Doing the weight gain version of the game!)
16. Ambalance
17. Majorrich
18. BadgerFiend
19. The Monkey
20. DeepSea

Tapatalk is misbehaving for me, so if there is a current list to add me to please...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Tapatalk is misbehaving for me, so if there is a current list to add me to please...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I got ya.

1. Spider
2. Uacowboy
3. dangerousdon
4. global_dev
5. Shavin' Yeti
6. hawklet00
7. Cvargo
8. Fenster
9. NurseDave
10. BarberDave
11. FarmerTan
12. mvargo
13. Luecke3262
14. Joe Hackett
16. Ambalance
17. Majorrich
18. BadgerFiend
19. The Monkey
20. DeepSea
21. Haggises

I've ordered a new set of scales. Once they come in (looking like mid-Jan delivery), I will re-calibrate my start weight based on how much my current scales are off.

I’m in.

1. Spider
2. Uacowboy
3. dangerousdon
4. global_dev
5. Shavin' Yeti
6. hawklet00
7. Cvargo
8. Fenster
9. NurseDave
10. BarberDave
11. FarmerTan
12. mvargo
13. Luecke3262
14. Joe Hackett
16. Ambalance
17. Majorrich
18. BadgerFiend
19. The Monkey
20. DeepSea
21. Haggises
22. Shavin’ Yeti

Uacowboy is actively bullying me into joining- even though I explained I can mock er ummm encourage people without joining. Hmm maybe he's breaking the cardinal rule of do not tell your wife she needs to work out... not sure.

You all will be great and look even better! Good luck guys.

However-
1. Spider
2. Uacowboy
3. dangerousdon
4. global_dev
5. Shavin' Yeti
6. hawklet00
7. Cvargo
8. Fenster
9. NurseDave
10. BarberDave
11. FarmerTan
12. mvargo
13. Luecke3262
14. Joe Hackett
16. Ambalance
17. Majorrich
18. BadgerFiend
19. The Monkey
20. DeepSea
21. Haggises
22. Shavin’ Yeti
23. sunnysanity

Uacowboy is actively bullying me into joining- even though I explained I can mock er ummm encourage people without joining. Hmm maybe he's breaking the cardinal rule of do not tell your wife she needs to work out... not sure.

BriefWarmheartedAzurevase-size_restricted.gif

You all will be great and look even better! Good luck guys.

However-
1. Spider
2. Uacowboy
3. dangerousdon
4. global_dev
5. Shavin' Yeti
6. hawklet00
7. Cvargo
8. Fenster
9. NurseDave
10. BarberDave
11. FarmerTan
12. mvargo
13. Luecke3262
14. Joe Hackett
16. Ambalance
17. Majorrich
18. BadgerFiend
19. The Monkey
20. DeepSea
21. Haggises
22. Shavin’ Yeti
23. sunnysanity
The Funeral and services for @uacowboy will be forthcoming once we determine where @sunnysanity hid, or is going to hide the body
That is all

I’m sure we could all benefit from your experience and knowing what worked for you!
And any tips you can offer along the way would be helpful.
So I will try not to ramble on and on but I hope some of what I say will help?

1st being a man we have a advantage!! Our body reacts right away to a diet! Females are not as lucky. They will not see results for a few weeks. Men will see results in a day or 2.
Believe me in this as my wife gets so frustrated where she gains weight her 1st week no kidding!!

Next nobody is putting food in your mouth BUT YOU keep that in mind!!

I do 2 things I track my steps and I track my calories. I would strongly suggest to buy a Fitbit or another device that has a app to log you weight and calories. I just go with calories because it is simple to do. My goals are usually 20,000 steps a day and under 2,000 calories a day. I change this sometime but these 2 work for me.
I never never ever never take a break. No never ever never say I am going to have a good weekend and relax. NEVER DO THIS. It will result in 2 things. One is possible you will enjoy it too much. And most important one day might gain all the weight you loss for a week!! If you dare you will see!!

I every night on the calendar mark my daily calories and steps. And EVERY morning. MORNING important MORNING weigh myself and I put my weight on the calendar!!

20,000 steps to some is not easy? Some people have desk jobs? But a few things to help:
Park the farthest away everyplace you park (your wife will maybe not like this ha ha)
When you take a bathroom break at work go to the farthest bathroom.
You have to somedays really think about this? What are your plans to do that day? Do I have to get up early and take a walk? Do I have to when I get home take a walk? Just DO IT what ever it takes. No excuses!! It takes about 10 minutes to walk 1,000 steps so do the math and you will know how long you need to walk.

Under 2,000 calories will take a bit of planning. I try to maybe break it to 400 breakfast, 600 lunch and 800 dinner and 200 extra? I drink really everything that has 0 calories. Water is good and FREE!!
Pretzels and pop corn are my GO TO things to snack on. NO NO NO NO fried foods at all!! Fried foods double the calories, For example a fried chicken sandwich is about 1000 calories, a grilled chicken sandwich is 500 calories!!

When you reach your goal and you cloths are loose!! Congratulation it is the most amazing thing believe me.
And when you do this buy new cloths. NO stretchy paints. You will base your weight on how comfortable you are in your new cloths!! When you start to get uncomfortable then it is time to loose weight.

And now the most important thing!!
You will go to your family doctor and he/she will be so happy for you!! They take your weight every time you go there correct!! And if you are like me a 300 pound fat overweight borderline diabetic. You can now be a slimmer 197 pound NON borderline diabetic.

Please please send me a personal message anytime if you have anymore questions. I will be so happy to help you in any way.

GOOD LUCK to everyone!!

Oh and GO BUCKS!!

Following along with interest! I would have to play @woodpusher 's version of the game, so not officially in... but in for moral support. We joined the "Cult of Peloton" about 3 months ago and I am chugging the Kool-Aid. Most fun that I've had exercising for the sake of exercise, if that makes any sense. Heck of a workout as well.

Good luck to all!

Back