The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The 2021 TSC Weight Loss Challenge!

Isn't all mayo 0 carbs?
No, some Mayo contains sugar. And even a little bit of sugar is not good for keto. But keto is also not just about carbs. As I said before, ingredients matter. Most store bought Mayo is made with soybean, canola, or other undesirable vegetable oils.
The best mayos for keto are made from Avocado or Coconut oils, and a few others. But you have to read labels too. Advertising sucks. Mayo May say Avocado oil on the front, but it says made with.... if you read the ingredients, the first is still soybean oil, and Avocado is further down the list, or vice versa.

As far as mayo goes...I have used Primal Kitchen before and it is really good. More costly than the regular stuff though. I am not a huge mayo guy but it's good as a base for a lot of stuff. I just make my own most of the time. Basic recipe is eggs olive oil/avocado oil and vinegar...only takes a few minutes to make...and it doesn't get much cheaper than that. Most of us have those ingredients around the house. I use apple cider vinegar and add some spices to it...but you can make it however you want.

KJ is right...99% of the mayo in the store has really bad ingredients. Even many of the ones that say they are olive oil mayo have canola or soybean oil in it. I won't touch most store bought salad dressings either for the same reason. Most have soybean oil. Like @Spider said...ingredients do matter.

So this week I removed my 2 egg bites from my breakfast routine and continued just with plain (yuck) yogurt and granola. Didn't have one breakfast burrito. Only had pistachios after dinner once this week and just half a bowl. Dropped a few pounds and that's cool. I'm fine with slow and steady as long as it's headed down. My goal was to do a 20min walk three times during work this week. Today will make 4. But my tummy was much happier being filled with yummy stuff!

So this week I removed my 2 egg bites from my breakfast routine and continued just with plain (yuck) yogurt and granola. Didn't have one breakfast burrito. Only had pistachios after dinner once this week and just half a bowl. Dropped a few pounds and that's cool. I'm fine with slow and steady as long as it's headed down. My goal was to do a 20min walk three times during work this week. Today will make 4. But my tummy was much happier being filled with yummy stuff!
A few pounds in a week is nothing to laugh about. Think of it this way...if you continue that trend in three months you will have lost 36 pounds!

A few pounds in a week is nothing to laugh about. Think of it this way...if you continue that trend in three months you will have lost 36 pounds!
I agree at that rate since a few would be at least 3 lbs.. Then by the end of the year that 156 lbs !! Not to shabby.. Keep it up.. And as I always say for all you in this challenge..... I'm rooting for you !!

That would be phenomenal!
I agree at that rate since a few would be at least 3 lbs.. Then by the end of the year that 156 lbs !! Not to shabby.. Keep it up.. And as I always say for all you in this challenge..... I'm rooting for you !!

Finally Back in Full On Dark Maroon on the Strip Full Ketosis Down 7lbs since 1/1/21 so far steady as she goes. On a OMAD 4/20 plan to start may go OMEAD if I plateau

Last couple of days of metrics / Macros Hope everyone is doing well

1/7/2021 1/8/2021

01.07.2021.png01.08.2021.png

As far as mayo goes...I have used Primal Kitchen before and it is really good. More costly than the regular stuff though. I am not a huge mayo guy but it's good as a base for a lot of stuff. I just make my own most of the time. Basic recipe is eggs olive oil/avocado oil and vinegar...only takes a few minutes to make...and it doesn't get much cheaper than that. Most of us have those ingredients around the house. I use apple cider vinegar and add some spices to it...but you can make it however you want.

KJ is right...99% of the mayo in the store has really bad ingredients. Even many of the ones that say they are olive oil mayo have canola or soybean oil in it. I won't touch most store bought salad dressings either for the same reason. Most have soybean oil. Like @Spider said...ingredients do matter.
yep make your own although Chosen Foods is not a bad one either I have the primal as well

Back