The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Steve's Journal: The Saga Continues....

Shave Time!

Razors:
Cowboy Dubl Duck/Gillette Red Tip
Blade: Derby Premium
Brush: Sorrentino Caramel Swirl Synthetic
Soap: WSP Mahogany
AS: WSP Mahogany

View attachment 66264

Following @GearNoir ‘s lead, I broke out a straight for a late afternoon open blade shave today. First time I’ve used a straight in months, and I have to say it went much better than expected! A N-S pass and S-N pass and I was almost completely DFS. Some clean up with the Red Tip got me where I needed to be.

I’m not sure if my angle was off, but my N-S pass felt like I had barely cut any hairs. I definitely was as I could see stubble in the sink and could see the difference on my face, but when rinsing after the first pass it felt like I hadn’t removed much. Typically I feel a lot smoother after my first pass with a DE, so either a bad angle today or that’s just how things work with a SR 🤷🏻‍♂️. Like I said, after the second pass I was almost completely DFS. Just the chin and moustache areas were still stubbly. I still haven’t figured out how to do the S-N pass n those areas comfortably and without incident.

In Other News…
Currently watching the Penn State-Maryland game. Penn State is up 7-0 👍. Just a lazy Saturday here. I’ll probably open a book and read some for the first time in a while.

Willie World:
Little man is definitely feeling better, but we’re still keeping him limited to his craziness just to be safe. Current situation: snuggled with momma under a blanket.
Well dang, look who was all matchy matchy for their shave.

I mean a caboose that says "Do not hump" the jokes just make themselves.

Is it sad that this is probably going to be the highlight of my week?
You're giving Helsinki a bad name. Someone needs to get a B-12 shot and get out for some fresh air!

Shave Time!

Razor:
Gillette Black Handle Super Speed
Blade: Personna Platinum (3)
Brush: Mystery Badger
Soap: Stirling Spice
AS: Stirling Spice

Continuing on with the insanity as @GearNoir so kindly pointed out 😂😂😂. The Personna felt a little smoother today, but still not sure about it. Walked away with a 2 pass Three Names BBS* so I can’t complain too much.

In Other News…

2EB32A9A-A601-44F6-9A25-894599AC4B8E.png

Thank you to all who served. Today has always been an important one for me as I’ve had quite a few family members and friends serve. They fought for my freedom to be a total goofball and I am eternally grateful for that!

Not much going on today other than reaching out to some friends and family to say thank you and catch up a bit. Oh, and work…but that’s not really important lol.

Willie World:
Willie is definitely feeling better the last few days. He’s been attacking pillows like they owe him money!

Shave Time!

Saturday
Razors:
F. A. Clauberg Tonsorial Gem/ NDC Super Speed
Brush: Sorrentino Caramel Swirl Synthetic
Soap: Proraso Single Edge Wood & Spice Cream
AS: Clubman

Sunday
Razor:
NDC Super Speed

Brush: Tech Hive Synthetic
Soap: Razorock Blue Fougere
AS: Stirling Barbershop

A couple of nice shaves this weekend. The open blade shave Saturday went off without a hitch and I somehow only needed a little cleanup on my neck. I’m either getting the hand of it, or I just got lucky lol!

I really like the scent of the Proraso Wood & Spice. I need to use this more often.

In Other News…
A pretty lazy weekend, which is a nice thing. Watched some Ted Lasso yesterday. Currently at the in-laws waiting for the Eagles/Broncos game to start. Depending on how much the Eagles aggravate the FIL will determine what type of after dinner drink we’ll be having.

Willie World:
Current status: begging sausage and peppers from the FIL.

I feel comfortable enough to start some weekday straight shaves.
YES, Join the Dark Side!

iu

Back