The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Sports Report

I was just thinking this over the weekend - it was to the point where it was driving me nuts - I don’t know why during the regular season why it didn’t bother me as much as it does during the playoffs.
When I would ask my WWII era uncles and cousins to a game circa 1980 they categorically refused. The general refrain was, “I’m not paying good money to watch a bunch of prima donna millionaires.” I would argue that Ruth was extremely high paid for the time. They weren’t hearing it.

When I would ask my WWII era uncles and cousins to a game circa 1980 they categorically refused. The general refrain was, “I’m not paying good money to watch a bunch of prima donna millionaires.” I would argue that Ruth was extremely high paid for the time. They weren’t hearing it.
Today - not only prima donna millionaires - but Prima Donna billionaires that build massive stadiums using tax payer dollars.

Thank god they are playing there, because Houston for these games closes a lot of the town center to traffic, and i need to get there in a timely fashion! When i wear a suit i am 'the defendant'.
Nice to see a bit of rain causes a cancellation.

T

Thank god they are playing there, because Houston for these games closes a lot of the town center to traffic, and i need to get there in a timely fashion! When i wear a suit i am 'the defendant'.
Nice to see a bit of rain causes a cancellation.

T
During the NLCS - they played in the rain and it was a mess- pitchers were throwing wild pitches everywhere - it did make for an exciting game!

I just want to say that I want to be a sports reporter. Because I can grossly overreact as well. This is all meant to be tongue in cheek and in good humor 😂

Here from Game 3 of the World Series (which went my team’s way).

1667490311044.jpeg

Well - you have to win 4 games to win the World Series. And this was game 3 which was the Phillies 2nd win - so no, it is not all but locked up…..and I mention this only to set up the next one….the Phillies won this game 7-0 and set the record for most HRs against one pitcher in a WS.

1667490479539.jpeg

So first of all, yes it was a bummer. They didn’t get a hit. But having lost 5-0 this game, but winning the previous game 7-0, how is the 5-0 game the most embarrassing loss? Both were shut-outs - so isn’t Game 3 a more embarrassing loss for the other team by 2 runs? And in sports history? I have seen teams lose in other sports by over a 100 points. Isn’t that more embarrassing?

And since I have been a Phillies fan for a loooooooog time, the fact that we have the record for most loses historically and that number is over 10,000 - that is more embarrassing 😂

Back