The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Sports Report

1672698237705.png

I absolutely love the NHL Classic - one of my favorite new traditions for New Years (I think this is only the 14th one)…….but I especially love it when Sidney Crosby and his Penguins lose…

I do remember the first Classic - though it was called the Heritage Classic back then - in 2003…in Edmonton when it was -19°C. Balmy summer day for Canada.

We need a slight miracle next week - but it all fell into place this week! And we beat Baltimore - what a game! So we need to beat the Browns, then for Dolphins and Patriots to lose.
I remember we needed a couple of other games go our way back in the early 1990s, plus we needed a win against Jerry Glanville's team (Houston? Atlanta?). Well, everything fell into place and we were in the playoffs. It could happen again (not counting on it). As I recall, it took a long Gary Anderson FG to beat Glanville, which Chuck Noll seemed to enjoy, as he did not like Glanville and refused to shake hands with him.

Back