The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Spider-Man’s shave VLOG

Wow, pretty quick shave! Actually significant glare coming off the dome! Great time KJ!

All caught up. Nice videos KJ. When I start balding I am going to shave my dome, thankfully the hair is still nice and thick for now.

I thought I posted this earlier but it seems to have disappeared.

I shaved my head completely several years ago and the wife told me I had the world's ugliest head. She then told me that if i was ever to go bald again that I should let God do it keep my hands off of it.

Wow, pretty quick shave! Actually significant glare coming off the dome! Great time KJ!
Yeah, I noticed that too.... was really hard to get that edge when I was looking in the camera.

I shaved my head completely several years ago and the wife told me I had the world's ugliest head. She then told me that if i was ever to go bald again that I should let God do it keep my hands off of it.

1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png

Wow, that was a quick one. Only 11 minutes. Well, 6 minutes after the intro
1f602.png

Wow, that was a quick one. Only 11 minutes. Well, 6 minutes after the intro
1f602.png
Yeah, I know I need to shorten it. Weird thing is, when I made it, it was 30 seconds long. Somewhere along the line is lengthened itself to like 41 seconds????

Agree, that is above and beyond service. Now he just needs to become a vendor!

Took me a little bit to get caught up (I actually got caught up yesterday), some good stuff.
You mentioned how you had not done your usual face care while growing the beard and that may have had an impact on the weeperville shave...I agree. Not only that, you had just gone skiing and that had to play havoc on your skin. I on the other hand continued to face lather at least once daily and regularly rubbed in a beard oil or one of my vintage dandruff oils (love the vintage JB oil). On the day I shaved I had rubbed in some oil that morning and only lather/hot towelled before the shave. In short, I kept a solid routine and the resulting shave was not at all bad.
Now, about the head shave. I say head shaving with a mohawk is like face shaving with a goatee, it takes skill to keep things straight but also removes some of the real estate being shaved. YOU definitely need to continue to head shave with a DE just so you can get through some of your soap.
Like Dave, I am one who will one day likely end up going full cue ball. My wife has actually encouraged it as a solution a chronic skin issue and hereditary thin hair. If I am to shave my head with a straight or DE I will definitely need to improve my flexibility. My current muscle-bound status and neck nerve thing I have trouble comfortably reaching around behind my head.

Back