The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Spider-Man’s shave VLOG

Just watched yesterday’s video. Seems a little pointless to have a razor with so much difference in the settings.
Yeah, hard to judge with just neck shaves though. But I’m thinking it’s not as mindless as the 6s, and folks who prefer more blade feel will like it.

Thought you might mix it up and go green with skin bracer. Good video !!

No, I could have used the Hulk Splash (Green Freeze). But, someone recommended I do an all Spider-Man shave for my 100th, so I thought I's do that shave for Stan.

Stan Lee will always be remembered as a someone who did great things! I am a huge marvel fan

Catching up. Just watched Movember.

Check yo self before you wreck yo self!

Thanks for the shout out KJ! I really like the Figaro Monsieur Aftershave. I am glad you enjoyed it.

And to your question...you actually look pretty good in a beard. It's coming in really nice! I say wear it as long as you can stand it! Great shave today!

Beard is a matter of comfort. As long as it isnt itchy or nasty feeling keep it. I have never been able to go more than a month.
Truthfully you would look bad a$$ if you just kept the chops. and ditched the beard and stache

Excuse me but you posted over 3 hours after my coffee this morning.......taking a break to watch now.

Nice video. Glad the GC agrees with you. The AS........ya had me at citrusy and good skin food.

Well first it seems the GC performed well enough, and yes they all come with the case. It is pretty much my travel razor now also because of that.

As to the beard I personally have never liked the full beard look, but do think that a good quality mustache or goatee can be work well when done right. Plus with all the moustache waxes out there you can have a whole new hobby!

I say no beard, or beard with shaved head.

This just in, KJ's two favorite shaving razors: Techmatic and Game Changer

Interesting about the tonic. Somehow it seemed like a familiar scent to me even though I don't use the more traditional stuff. Figured they were copying something already out there, but maybe they just captured the essence of old school barbering well.

Excuse me but you posted over 3 hours after my coffee this morning.......taking a break to watch now.
Nice video. Glad the GC agrees with you. The AS........ya had me at citrusy and good skin food.
If you would keep consistent coffee hours, I could plan better around your schedule!

Don't quote me on citrusy. That was initial sniff, there's other stuff going on to. But it is fairly light and doesn't last long scent wise, so you can follow up with cologne easily.

As to the beard I personally have never liked the full beard look, but do think that a good quality mustache or goatee can be work well when done right. Plus with all the moustache waxes out there you can have a whole new hobby!

Two years ago, I grew a beard, then trimmed it down to a Van Dyke. Had a decent handlebar moustache going for Moustache March. I honestly think I look better with a beard than I did with that. Even though a handlebar is super cool.
This just in, KJ's two favorite shaving razors: Techmatic and Game Changer
Stahp!

Interesting about the tonic. Somehow it seemed like a familiar scent to me even though I don't use the more traditional stuff. Figured they were copying something already out there, but maybe they just captured the essence of old school barbering well.

I was going to PM, but I'll just give my initial thoughts here. When I first sniffed it out of the bottle, I thought it to be a bit cologney. But when using that went away. It smells vaguely familiar to me, but also quite different and new. It took me a bit to place it. But then I noticed one note that totally reminded me of Skin Bracer. Then a little while later I got a note that made me think of Brut. Now it doesn't smell like either of them, just seems to share a couple of notes to tell me they are related. It's really the essence of old school barbershop/drug store favorites, but it's like the more grown up, and maybe slightly more sophisticated older brother of those two. Now, it's not necessarily the scent that I associate with Barbershop. To me that scent is Jeris Hair Tonic and Barbicide. I don't associate Clubman or Bay Rum or some of the more traditional scents with barbershop, but that's just me. That said, this is noting like Clubman, or Bay Rum, or any other "Barbershop" scented soap I've ever smelled. But it definitely is in that same wheelhouse. Just a more classic take on those scents. Almost like using Mystic Water Barbershop shave soap, then following up with a little skin bracer. It's a melding of those two ideas.

Longevity seems to be decent 5 hours later, I still have just a hint of it left on my face. Which is pretty good. I would definitely buy more of this if I ever found it!

I'll work on the coffee hours and Roger that on quoting you.......................................Hey, everyone did you hear what Kj sai....................

Back