The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SORRENTINO BRUSHWORKS

I'm already excited.
I'm exited and worried at the same time!
1f606.png

Just now had a chance to watch the video and I'm amazed that you pop these out in just 10 minutes.............Just Kidding. Love the grain on that one and awesome to see someone so skilled at there craft that makes it look easy when we know in reality it's not. Can't wait to see mine and hope your having a fun and relaxing time.

Just now had a chance to watch the video and I'm amazed that you pop these out in just 10 minutes.............Just Kidding. Love the grain on that one and awesome to see someone so skilled at there craft that makes it look easy when we know in reality it's not. Can't wait to see mine and hope your having a fun and relaxing time.

Thanks Dave! The vacation was just what the doctor ordered, and I wish I could do it all again next week lol. If I ever do a video of the CA finish you'll know where all the real time is spent, but I have yet to see anything that can compete with look and durability of CA, so I'll keep using it.

where can I find the video. Would love to watch. Thanks

So Eric how many coats of CA do you apply ? And do you buff and polish them as well ?

I usually apply between 9 and 12 coats of a thin CA, though that can vary depending on the wood. I use accelerator about every 2-3 coats. I know it's a bad word among most people that use CA, but I've found that it doesn't cloud the finish if you take a lot of care with how and how much you use. Almost all of the sanding and polishing they get is done on the lathe, though I do have a bench buffer which doesn't see a lot of use.

I posted in mail call also...but for historical purposes I wanted to include pics of my latest Sorrentino TSC Member Brush! The pictures do not do this brush Justice at all...so beautiful!

I posted in mail call also...but for historical purposes I wanted to include pics of my latest Sorrentino TSC Member Brush! The pictures do not do this brush Justice at all...so beautiful!
Don.... Details?????

What knot and what type of wood did you pick?

Sorry for the delay. Eric showed me a lot of types of wood and I settled on coolibah. I really liked the way it looked, but now that it is polished and finished, I know I picked the right wood...that finish is just amazing! I went with a finest badger for the knot. As far as dimensions on the knot go...Eric will have to fill you in. I haven't used the brush yet...but I plan to soon.

Don, STUNNING. Gorgeous work as always by Eric. Congrats !! I need another with a tuxedo and 1 with a badger.........

Nice pics Don, and thanks for your business! The knot is a Vigshaving 24mm Finest badger. That knot was actually part a 2 knot order from a couple years ago, and they were the first two knots I ever purchased. I got them before I ever had access to a lathe, or even thought about turning a brush handle. I was going to order a couple handles and drop them in, but never got around to it lol. The other one went into a beehive that was one of the first ones I ever turned, and I PIFed it to a friend a year and a half ago. This one was hanging out in a drawer all this time, just waiting to be remembered.

Back