The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SORRENTINO BRUSHWORKS

Thanks Dave!

It was a fun time. The toughest part was how messy it was, mostly due to the thickness of the epoxy resin. I’ve cast about 8 blanks since then, and have cleaned up the process a lot.

Two were of the polyester resin, and I can confirm that the fumes are both nasty and long lasting. The entire garage stank for two days, and the inside of the pressure pot still smells like a chemical fart every time I take the lid off.

I tried my hand with the Alumilite last night. We’ll see how it turned out today. As expected, it was a lot easier to work with, though I think the color combination I used will not work out well.

Here are two of my favorites from the following batches. Peaches and Cream, and Skittles. I keep going out there to work when I’m hungry.
View attachment 23812

And the demolding video, as promised:
I bet that Clown Puke Chubby comes out COOL. Nice work Eric !!

Thanks Dave!

It was a fun time. The toughest part was how messy it was, mostly due to the thickness of the epoxy resin. I’ve cast about 8 blanks since then, and have cleaned up the process a lot.

Two were of the polyester resin, and I can confirm that the fumes are both nasty and long lasting. The entire garage stank for two days, and the inside of the pressure pot still smells like a chemical fart every time I take the lid off.

I tried my hand with the Alumilite last night. We’ll see how it turned out today. As expected, it was a lot easier to work with, though I think the color combination I used will not work out well.

Here are two of my favorites from the following batches. Peaches and Cream, and Skittles. I keep going out there to work when I’m hungry.
View attachment 23812

And the demolding video, as promised:
Another nice set! The colors might be different in person, but it looks like a caramel macchiato and one of those Hispanic Apple/caramel suckers to me!

Looking great Eric! Prayers that you can exorcise the fumes from the pressure pot! 🤪

Back