The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Soap Sample Pass Around!!!

I used the A&E Cold Day in Hell 2 and the Oz Winter so far this week. Both great performers and scents. The Winter is a good Christmas scent. CDIH2 is to me a musky fougere.

**Soap Sample Road Show Sign-ups Copy from here down and paste**
1. dangerousdon - Completed
2. maryland998 - Completed
3. Jellodancer - Completed
4. elmerPHuD - Completed
5. Dave in KY - Awaiting Soaps
6. Jaro1069
7. Milkcrate
8. gobucks5485

Okay, it os overwhelming in a good way going thru these. Sniffing for over an hour to get thru all of them. Finding soaps you were curious about and now no it's not a buy. Others you wouldn't have thought you'd like but love. After going thru all I have 8 I'd like to try shaving with and took 1 out of the Free Donations bag. Sudsy Soapery Lavender Peppermint. Still I think 2 more of them and some others in there. Looking forward to tomorrow's shave.
IMG_20200227_212304811.jpg

are there empty containers in there because i have 6 or 7 i want to put in when it gets to me... Brian from Signature Series in England sent me some stuff when he was in the states that he wanted me to let you guys try. I figured the box would be a good place to start it around.

are there empty containers in there because i have 6 or 7 i want to put in when it gets to me... Brian from Signature Series in England sent me some stuff when he was in the states that he wanted me to let you guys try. I figured the box would be a good place to start it around.
Yes, I was going to ask if now was a good time for you or if you wanted to be down the list since you've been tied up lately? If you are wanting to be next pm me your shipping info

Friday February 28, 2020
2020 Shave # 62 ( 480 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Gillette Fatboy
Blade: PolSilver SI (?)
Brush: Cadre Member Brush, Cashmere
Soap: Tallow & Steel Maya
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Bootleggers Bay Rum
Fragrance: Tom Ford Noir Extreme

1st of a few that I pulled a sample from the sample pass box was one I've been curious about for awhile. Maya was the scent still readily available that was least "What in the world is that" and I wanted to try the soap base. Very good soap but not a scent for me. I am going to try Kyoto as this is the scent I would put on a to buy list but alas it isn't available. May try that tomorrow. Having 7 more samples to try means I should be able to mail this out next Friday. The Fatboy has sat and it was time to call it to the plate. It didn't disappoint as I got a stellar shave from setting 5. After some Maravilla 70 I splashed on some Bootleggers Bay Rum because................ it was on the shelf and I haven't killed the sample from KJ yet. It's nice but I much prefer my Anthony's which is from my brothers Barber up in PA. Some Tom Ford Noir Extreme not because I'll be around anyone today as I'm doing things at home, but I wanted to smell good and I CAN !! That's all Cadre, Have a Stupendous day !!!

Yes, I was going to ask if now was a good time for you or if you wanted to be down the list since you've been tied up lately? If you are wanting to be next pm me your shipping info
I'm really not ready yet. Unfortunately... Thanks for asking. We have been dealing with a lot still with our normal stuff and everything else too for my grandfathers estate.....

I'm really not ready yet. Unfortunately... Thanks for asking. We have been dealing with a lot still with our normal stuff and everything else too for my grandfathers estate.....
Shall I put you on the list at the bottom. Only 2 others besides you right now ?

4. elmerPHuD - Awaiting Soaps (welcome back)
5. Dave in KY
6. Milkcrate
7. gobucks5485
8. Jaro1069

Oops, I failed to update location of soaps......

4. elmerPHuD - Completed
5. Dave in KY - In Possession
6. Milkcrate - Anxiously waiting
7. gobucks5485 - Nervously Watching his name climb the list
8. Jaro1069 - Patiently dealing with life

Oops, I failed to update location of soaps......

4. elmerPHuD - Completed
5. Dave in KY - In Possession
6. Milkcrate - Anxiously waiting
7. gobucks5485 - Nervously Watching his name climb the list
8. Jaro1069 - Patiently dealing with life

I am anxiously awaiting, just don’t tell me it will be tomorrow.

Yes waiting you got that right. good things come to those that wait!!
This really looks like a treat. Heck I know I will not try them all. But I love the opportunity to smell each one. In fact some of my favorite soaps came as a free sample I received from a vendor.
So a big thanks for including me in this.

Back