The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Soap Sample Pass Around!!!

@NurseDave Um, did I miss something or aren't we waiting to hear from Mr Phud ?
Here's the last list posted showing Fuffy done.......

**Soap Sample Road Show Sign-ups Copy from here down and paste**
1. dangerousdon - Completed
2. maryland998 - Completed
3. Jellodancer - Completed
4. elmerPHuD - Awaiting Soaps (welcome back)
5. Dave in KY
6. Jaro1069
7. Milkcrate
8. gobucks5485

The box arrived from @Jellodancer on Saturday. I will be getting it out to @Dave in KY today or tomorrow. I have to say that I have mixed emotions about this beautiful, horrible monstrosity. When it arrived, my initial boy-like, Christmas morning excitement kicked in and I thought about how much cheaper this was that having to order all those samples on my own. Then I thought, “Oh crap! What if I fall in love with any of these? I don’t NEED anymore soaps!”

I went through and gave them all a sniff on Saturday. My strategy was to only try the ones that really appealed to my nose.

CA2082CA-35F5-4B3D-8912-7E6677DBD967.jpeg

Unfortunately/thankfully (more mixed emotions), three of these are no longer available (I think) - Beer Soap Brewing La Habana, Ballenclaugh Honey & Tobacco, & Prairie Creations Gentleman’s Pipe. 😒

The Lavender & Peppermint from Sudsy Soapery was in the donations bag, and there are like 3 or 4 of them. So I took one of those to try in next couple of weeks.

So far I have tried the WSP Black Amber Vanille. It performs and smells great. It’s going on the to-purchase-after-Orlando-trip list.

I will shave with B&M Terror today, scrape out enough for one shave from the others, add my samples to the box, and get it out to Dave in KY. I can add a lot of my samples to the medium rate box...

Last edited:
I cannot decide if there are 1 or 2 shaves left on the Oz Winter soap. F063B33E-A50D-4983-BAE0-90A81C37D277.jpeg
I am going to scrape out half and see if I can get at least one pass out of it.

I cannot decide if there are 1 or 2 shaves left on the Oz Winter soap.
I am going to scrape out half and see if I can get at least one pass out of it.
There's a lot of soap in the box. I say you use what's left of that one. I can add another sample when it comes back around.

I am adding the following to the box. I will ship it on to @Dave in KY tomorrow morning.

SOAP COMMANDER
Passion
Zeal
Integrity
Commitment
Vision
Honor

STIRLING
Tuscany
Red Delicious
Gatlinburg
Sandalwood