The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Shawn's forging shed

wow, great job, that's very nice looking, the grind looks even, pins are well done (not always easy), looks like you just need to put your name or logo on that bad boy.
That one has the logo and is long gone actually. I was just reposting the photos for Dave to see because I think the other ones were a victim of the site upgrade some time ago.

Well..... I actually got the forge lit today for the whopping second time this year I think...... Started out trying the coal forge due to the length of the project and what I wanted to do but finally got ticked off and gave it up for the propane since it was burning me more than the steel.....
IF I ever get my new shop built I am stashing that little rivet forge and building a proper coal forge for stuff like that.

Anyway, I did manage to get one loooonnnggg overdue project done. Well, done pending approval.

@Dave in KY will this work? It's not exactly a tea leaf, but as close as I could forge it. Instead of a fancy twist, I hammered the entire length and left it just a little wonky to give sort of a vine look for the entire thing. If you approve, I will get it out to you this week.

20200927_175020.jpg

20200927_174949.jpg

20200927_175000.jpg

Well..... I actually got the forge lit today for the whopping second time this year I think...... Started out trying the coal forge due to the length of the project and what I wanted to do but finally got ticked off and gave it up for the propane since it was burning me more than the steel.....
IF I ever get my new shop built I am stashing that little rivet forge and building a proper coal forge for stuff like that.

Anyway, I did manage to get one loooonnnggg overdue project done. Well, done pending approval.

@Dave in KY will this work? It's not exactly a tea leaf, but as close as I could forge it. Instead of a fancy twist, I hammered the entire length and left it just a little wonky to give sort of a vine look for the entire thing. If you approve, I will get it out to you this week.

View attachment 36378

View attachment 36379

View attachment 36380
Shawn I know nothing about Heat and Hammer, but that looks like a lot of work.
Can I ask what it is ?

View attachment 36378

View attachment 36379

View attachment 36380
Shawn, I know you've been WAAAAAYYYYYYY covered up and much appreciate you pushing to get to this. That works. Wasn't looking for a tea leaf necessarily, just any leaf from the woods. Again thanks my friend !

@ShaveMD
Got some time in the shop today. Your blade is completely rough ground and ready for heat treat.
I am still wondering where my sheath leather is though.... It has been floating around the east cost for about 26 days now..... Keep getting tracking updates, but nobody can explain to me why it isn't coming here instead of hopping all around me...

20201012_154916.jpg

Back