The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Shawn's forging shed

That's a lot of belt wear.

I have taken to descaling with vinegar or sometimes with a 7" angle grinder before going to the belt grinder. That scale can be hard on belts.
I started with an old 36 actually, and there is still a fair amount left on the 50, so that was a little false. I keep a few old ones for descaling. Then when I start with a new one I'm not wrecking it right from the start.
I'm not confident enough to start hammering bevels and am still in the forge big grind small stage. I forge out my rough shape and then grind them to a blank so I have flat surfaces to mark my plunge lines, centers, and hole locations. If I could ever get enough time out there I want to keep working to the point I don't need as much time on the grinder, but I'm not there yet.

Shawn do you do EDC Folders by chance?
Not folders I'm afraid. Not set up with tooling to do those. I did make a small fixed blade with a tuckable kydex sheath for TJ. Made to be carried inside the waistband with an extra piece to allow tucking a shirt in for concealment. Have to find a picture of it again....

Back