The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Shawn's forging shed

Sorry about the blade man. It’s pretty cool to see how the jig works. I get it now. I couldn’t picture how you would use it before.

Sorry about the blade man. It’s pretty cool to see how the jig works. I get it now. I couldn’t picture how you would use it before.
So far it seems to be working really well. I think once I get my head on straight and pay attention to what I'm doing, it will actually save me a lot of time since I will be able to stay consistent with less effort. I'll have less cleanup/tweaking from holding it a bit off on a pass also.

I think the biggest bonus will be saving time though. I've gotten good at fixing an off grind, but saving the time not having to is going to be good.

Awesome stuff Shawn. I can’t wait to see what you start turning out this spring. Make sure to put my name somewhere on the list for a ShawnF razor. I’m not picky, as long as you are proud of the way it turns out and it shaves my face I’ll buy one. I already know your knives shave nice and close, they just lack the proper ergonomics.

You should just get a poster of the FiF judges and set it up so they can watch you work and keep your mistakes to a minimum. that's how it works on the show right?

Glad the setup is working for you!

I really like the looks of that jig. That's really going to work well. Getting that consistent angle is helpful, really helpful.

I haven't lit my forge in months. It's just been too cold. I think your blade will be fine for what it is cutting.

"Remember, it's not what your blade does to the woodchipper, but what the woodchipper does to your blade"

Welding Canister Damascus by Hand - J. Neilson canister damascus, canister, damascus, DVD, knife making, knifemaking, forging, Chris Crawford Knives discover-neilson GIF

So brave hanging that finger out there over the cut. Be careful, that's how a guy could lose a finger tip or something :LOL: I can hear the old butcher I used to cut meat with now "Dang it son, get that finger out of there so you do't bleed on my meat!" :ROFLMAO:

Back