The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Shawn's forging shed

Would be so cool for our camping trips

One of my favorite parts about camping though is finding a nice stick in the woods, and taking the pocket knife to it, and creating the perfect fire stirring stick.

And before we leave the campsite, we always give the kids a grocery sack, and ask them to pick up trash even if its not ours, neatly stack the remaining firewood, and then leave the fire stirring stick for the next person nicely propped up against the fire pit.

In fact there was one site we frequent pretty regularly that we went back two additional times and the stick was still there.

finding a nice stick in the woods, and taking the pocket knife to it, and creating the perfect fire stirring stick.
I don't even whittle it down..... just use the stick as is. The fire will burn down the end anyway. I keep a few sticks at my home firepit. But really considering one of Shawn's.....

I was talking with Shawn when you posted this. Order placed, Line is forming behind me 😂
I started talking with him over a week ago about getting one done. Just thinking about some things before I finalize.

Back