The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Shawn's forging shed

Man oh man...improvements! That means that you will be able to crank out razors and knives at epic speed...right? 🤪

Gee Shawn, that forge looks like it's running pretty good already. Looks like it heats steel up pretty fast for a one burner.

Some more progress on the new forge. Got the kast-o-lite refractory liner made up and applied. This has to cure for quite some time and I have to work tomorrow so that works out. Then I can fire it Saturday to finish curing it and have it ready for the metrikote ir reflective lining. Then it's just doing the final mount of the burner and making a door for the front.

20190704_173308.jpg

Just stopping by this thread and not understanding a thing Shawn says again ;)

kast-o-lite refractory
I worked in a mill that burned bark in a dryer. We would have to crawl inside the burner and replace the liner. I think this is the same stuff. Is it like thick dryish clay. We had to had to use pneumatic hand rammers to pack it unto the walls.

Back