The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Shawn's forging shed

Are you guys trying to drive me completely insane? You have obviously never seen me try to pin a razor before...... I promise both of you would hear me if I had that many to do.

Tell you what, I'll do the blades and then send them over to Eric for scales.
1f61c.png

Are you guys trying to drive me completely insane? You have obviously never seen me try to pin a razor before...... I promise both of you would hear me if I had that many to do.

1f61c.png

So...what I heard was...yes...

1f61c.png

Deal!

That escalated quickly......

...... I love it when a plan comes together!

OK OK..... Let's slow down a minute here.... I've got these 3 knives to get out the door, then my next project is some hooks and actually 2 straight razors. Let me make sure that I can do them in a manner that it won't take 2 years to get everybody their razors and then we can talk.

I have no problem with doing them, I just have only done 1 so far. So let me make sure I can do them efficiently enough and still do quality.

That's okay, I'll take me 2 years to learn to get a good shave from a straight

Hey now, I didn't say I wouldn't, I just need to make sure I can and can in a quality I'm happy sending out before I commit. I'm not sending sub-par stuff out, but I don't want to make people wait 2 years either.

OK OK..... Let's slow down a minute here.... I've got these 3 knives to get out the door, then my next project is some hooks and actually 2 straight razors. Let me make sure that I can do them in a manner that it won't take 2 years to get everybody their razors and then we can talk.

I have no problem with doing them, I just have only done 1 so far. So let me make sure I can do them efficiently enough and still do quality.

Hmmm...a two year waitlist would provide a certain exclusivity. Think of how much more you could charge!

In all seriousness, I know no one here would try to push you into doing something like that. It’s clear that you care about the quality of your work, and would never let something out of your shop that didn’t meet or exceed exacting standards. Just know that if there were a TSC SR in the works, plenty of us would be doing the happy dance.

Back