The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SHAVEWIZARD'S THOUGHTS

20200426_174109.jpg

Cooper & French Authentic Barber- has a scent similar to Stirling Barbershop and is a Vanilla take on the classic scent. This is a excellent soap base that doesn't get much play on the forums but can compete with the best of them IMO.
20200426_174800.jpg

20200428_121114.jpg

CBL TabacVeg- this has been in the queue for a while now and have been cracking the lid on a daily basis. Very unique scent and the 2 come together so well it becomes something different that either parts. Am not usually a big fan of The Veg but this one is great. Performance is very good with this soap base and highly recommend CBL to anyone that hasn't tried it yet.
20200428_121750.jpg

I'm just binging on your pics. Regrettably, I never tried QCS's Rose Otto, but loved many of their scents. They were one of my early favorites.

Thanks! QcS is one of those artisans I was late for the party, thankfully got this set from the BST and was thrilled to have the opportunity to give them a shot. Many people have commented on having trouble with the lather but no issues here. Which scents have you tried? The Iced Key Lime sounded great and almost got one during their "going out of business"sale but was trying to slow down on purchases at that time.

Which scents have you tried?
My favorites were Queen Charlotte (barbershop) and Esquire (sandalwood). Esquire was pure sandalwood, I believe essential oil, which was becoming scarce and mighty expensive around that time. As I type I can smell it now. No other sandalwood I've had since has matched it.

My favorites were Queen Charlotte (barbershop) and Esquire (sandalwood). Esquire was pure sandalwood, I believe essential oil, which was becoming scarce and mighty expensive around that time. As I type I can smell it now. No other sandalwood I've had since has matched it.

Sounds like Mysore Sandalwood which is highly sought after and is quite expensive.

20200605_131119.jpg

Adagio Road Coconut Lime Verbena- pretty much a unknown artisan on the forums. Picked up this puck for around $6 shipped during one of their sales a while back. Soap is made with Lamb Tallow and other skin food. Whips up a creamy lather with no issues. Scent is reminiscent of suntan lotion.
20200605_131739.jpg

20200603_233038.jpg

SCS Smoke & Beads- had a tough time getting a stable lather with this one so added a snurdle of Yardley Gold cream, the 2 scents worked magically together and will keep this combination in mind for the future.

20200603_001721.jpg

P&B Spitfire- this is one of the only soaps I have owned a total of 3 tubs of over time, have sold them only to pick up another later on. The scent is really weird and one you have to be in the mood for, leathery Juniper many consider P&B to be the UK version of B&M. Top notch lather and very thirsty and protective. Had a great shave and hope everyone is doing well!
20200603_002112.jpg

20200530_222749.jpg

Wet The Face Autumn- another underdog artisan that has great performance. The scent is Apple with a warm Autumn vibe and on the strong side. Shave went well and finished off with Big Easy Roof Of the World A/S.
20200530_223410.jpg

20200529_165155.jpg

Braver Woodright Jolly Rodger- another Autumn type scent that has a spicy gingerbread scent that is unique even though that description does not do this scent justice, it is awesome! Unfortunately I find the performance lacking and would put it in the category with L.A. SHAVING. Ended up with some mean irritation which the Avon balm helped a little bit but was still pretty bad.
20200529_165734.jpg

20200528_192919.jpg

Honeybee Brut- smells just like Brut and one of the best glycerin based soaps I have tried (along with QED). Have no idea why people these days get negative with these type of soaps, they can produce some excellent lather for sure. Shave went well with no complaints.
20200528_193439.jpg
20200528_193441.jpg

20200520_144114.jpg

Fine Green vetiver- strong scent and a solid soap base, some say it is made by Tabac which is possible but I'm not positive about that. Thick lather with no bubbles provided a excellent shave.
20200520_144850.jpg

Back