The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SHAVEWIZARD'S THOUGHTS

20200601_212043.jpg

Wheat State Electric Lemon- one of the best Lemon scents I have come across, it is sweet with a almost vanilla note. Added some Menthol glycerin to cool things down. Lather was runny from too much glycerin but the shave went well anyways.

RECENT SHAVES
20201124_180512.jpg20201120_163642.jpg
20201119_172630.jpg20201118_120003.jpg

Sorry I have been neglecting the shave forums of recent. Have been preoccupied with the Pipe smoking forums and nasal snuff and have switched passions and put wet shaving on the back burner a bit. Probably a good thing as I was getting way carried away with purchases and have amassed enough soaps to shave everyone in the neighborhood for life lol. It is nice to have variety and was a bit sad they canceled the Maggard Shave meet this year due to this crazy world but what can ya do?

As for shaves, have grown a partial pencil beard so have a lot less area to clear while shaving but have still been taking the SOTD pics but not posting them lol so there is several months of shave pics on my phone hahaha.

Sad to hear the Fine shaving soaps triple milled formula is being discontinued. Apparently they are going to reformulated to a softer croap texture with a price increase which is a shame as there are a lack of triple milled options compared to croaps on the market. The Shave with l Orange Noir went well and LOVE this scent, have tried a few of the other Terre De Hermes scents (Vetiver in particular) and really need to pick up a bottle of the real deal.

Hope everyone is in good health and getting the best shaves possible. Missed y'all :)

Really like the old Shannon's Soaps formula. It can be had for $12 for 4 oz and for the top tier performance it is a excellent deal plus Shannon and her husband Brian are great people. Haymarket Vetiver is a nice fresh Citrus Vetiver mix different from most that smells great.

KMF is a cream that can be found locally sometimes and comes in a huge pump bottle. Loaded with skin care ingredients which is very rare for a store bought product. Lathers well and provides decent protection. The Peacefull Patchouli has a mild scent.

Sad to hear the Fine shaving soaps triple milled formula is being discontinued. Apparently they are going to reformulated to a softer croap texture with a price increase which is a shame as there are a lack of triple milled options compared to croaps on the market. The Shave with l Orange Noir went well and LOVE this scent, have tried a few of the other Terre De Hermes scents (Vetiver in particular) and really need to pick up a bottle of the real deal.

Hope everyone is in good health and getting the best shaves possible. Missed y'all :)
Welcome back @Shavewizard420 ! Sometimes a break from the obsession this hobby can cause is good. Glad to hear you are doing well.

Some great shaves you've been having, judging from the pics. Always fun to see what soaps you use. You have a knack for finding the lesser known ones. [emoji106]

Be well, it's great to have you back.

Welcome back @Shavewizard420 ! Sometimes a break from the obsession this hobby can cause is good. Glad to hear you are doing well.

Some great shaves you've been having, judging from the pics. Always fun to see what soaps you use. You have a knack for finding the lesser known ones. [emoji106]

Be well, it's great to have you back.

Thanks Doug! Glad to hear you enjoy the soap variety as much as I do. Have a few more new ones coming up!

20201217_153037.jpg

Adagio Road Coconut Lime Verbena- took a gamble on this unknown Etsy soap a while back and it worked out great! lamb tallow soap was on sale for somewhere around $6 has a nice scent and makes a creamy lather. They have quite a few scents to choose from and a decent ingredient list. Had a swell shave and hope you did as well!

20201216_103609.jpg20201216_104149.jpg

Mick's Grooming Conor shave soap- went to the site and found ALL SOAPS ON SALE FOR $6.95 FOR 5 OZ. Picked up Conor then went back for 3 more tubs a few days later. With the ingredient list this was a MUST TRY and highly recommend checking this one out:) Shipping is very inexpensive as well 3 soaps for around $25 shipped. Exchanged a few emails with the owner who seems like a great guy which is always a plus when purchasing Artisan soaps. The first soap arrived with a hand written note and apparently he is from my home town which is a cool coincidence as it is just a small suburb of Detroit and this soap is out of Colorado.

Sc3nt of Conor is hard to describe the website says " complex, sophisticated, deep fragrance slightly sweet, bit spicy & warm. Oak aged bourbon, tobacco, and Cedarwood are main notes. I can't detect single notes in this blend and would say it's about 6/10 from puck but comes alive once lathered and could still smell it on my hand 30 min after the shave.

The Shave itself was VERY GOOD. I couldn't help but compare this to A&E soao base or GD. both start off a bit slow, can handle a bunch of water and if you take a few second to work the lather you will be rewarded with a creamy thick lather. The Shave went well and was very impressed with this one and look forward to many more future shaves with this artisan.

20201215_140957.jpg20201215_141407.jpg

Ach Brito Mongo- this is a soap that is new and is apparently the same formula as the Musgo Real Classic Hard Puck which I really enjoy. Triple Milled and comes as a rectangular block inside a fairly sturdy box.

The scent is a well blended masculine cologne with a spicy peppery note that smells fantastic to my nose. Scent strength is about 6/10 It's there and obvious but wish it were a tad bit stronger but perhaps that may cause irritation to some so all is forgiven.

Performance is very good for a modern triple milled soap. Nothing like the crap coming from 3-T's or any of the other awful reformulations. Making a lather is no problem with this soap, nice thick and well hydrated. Shave went well and surprisingly no burn from the Masters Challenge A/S just a smooth finish to a swell shave.

Hope y'all had a great shave as well:)

Back