The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SHAVEWIZARD'S THOUGHTS

3-12

prep: pre shave soap mix
razor: Gillette Tech
blade: Croma Diamat
brush: Maggard 24mm Synthetic
soap: Passionatly Natural- Frozen Earth

had a swell late night shave about an hour ago with Frozen Earth. Passionatly Natural is a artisan that rarely metentioned on the fourms but has a good ingredient list and performance to match. Most of the scents are on the natural side (obviously) and the 3 i have tried have all been true to their description.

scent of Frozen Earth is a Earthy Vetiver with a perfect amount menthol, not enough to make you cry but still a healthy dose IMO.

performance is very good and soap provides all the qualities one could ask for. Started off with more water than usual which was no problem, lather started off a bit bubbly but quickly thickened up to the right consistancy. This shave went beautifully and no irritation or nicks occured, skin is smooth and hydrated. Finished off with SDP Blue Spruce which feels wonderful and has a unique sweet woodsy kind of scent.

hope everyone is in good health and getting the best shaves possible!

Woodsy and vetiver...sounds darn good to me! Hope you’re in good health also!

Thank you sir! The menthol pairs beautifully with the earthy Vetiver although this scent is the weakest of the 3. Also picked up samples of Root Beer and EucaLime and they all smell great. Their samples are 1oz and the little snap lid top container is pretty cool and not a typical sample container, Oleo Soapworks used to use these same ones as well.

3-13

prep: pre shave soap mix
razor: Gillette Tech
blade: Croma Diamat
brush: Maggard Blue & White Synthetic
soap: Lather Bros- Take Out Night

lather Bros is a artisan out of Miami that have brightly colored labels which give them a cool vibe. Both the soap and balm are loaded with skin food ingredients and are top notch quality products.

soap ingredients:Stearic acid, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Sodium Tallowate Adeps Bovis, Coconut Water, Aloe Vera Juice, Coconut Milk, Agua (water), Ricinus Communis Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Glycerin, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Kernel Oil, Garcinia Indica (Kokum) Seed Butter, Sodium Lactate, Essential, Fragrance Oils, & Bentonite Clay.

scent of Take Out Night is described as Lemongrass, Sweet Chili, and Ginger. The notes blend well together to create something out of the ordinary. Im not usually a big fan of Lemongrass but this scent is different and is the best of the Lather Bros scents i have encountered.

performance is very good. No problems whipping up a thick stable lather, can handle water well and really shines once fully hydrated. Managed a DFS and although it was not a BBS shave, it was super refreshing and invigorating to say the least. Finished off with matching balm and think their balms may even outshine the soap if you can believe that. The consistancy is very thick and concentrated but absorb quickly and without any greasy feeling that some balms are gulity of causing.

balm ingredients: Water, Aloe Vera Juice, Witch Hazel, Stearic Acid, Emulsifying Wax, Sweet Almond Oil, Avocado Oil, Shea Butter, Menthol, Vitamin E, Phenoxyethanol, Essential Oil and Fragrance

hope y'all had the best shaving experience possible!

here is what was left from the brush after the shave! I usually rub in the leftover lather to give the oils & butters a chance to work miracles on the skin. It takes a little bit to clean up after a shave so it couldnt hurt and actually enhances the shaving experience IMO.

nice shave and interesting scent on that soap.

Now that font color o_O
I swear this guy must google “obscure shaving soap” when he goes shopping. Another interesting one.

Lol thanks guys! The new font colors are really cool. I used to C&P from TSD to get s bit of color, but this revamp TSC did is excellent and great to see things are going well on this side.

As for the obscure shave soaps i wish Google was that easy lol it usually pulls up the top brands if anything revelant at all. Most of these i heard about thru reviews or simply rolling the dice. However i do have a Vintage soap called Royal London and information about it is EXTREMELY LIMITED but managed to find some at a antique store and was amazed to hear its practically unheard of, the container alone is enough to stir up comverstaion.

Good stuff Brad! Definitely an interesting scent. And holy lather Batman! You had enough for 3 shaves there haha! As for that Royal London, I’m interested. Are we going to see that one soon?

Good stuff Brad! Definitely an interesting scent. And holy lather Batman! You had enough for 3 shaves there haha! As for that Royal London, I’m interested. Are we going to see that one soon?

Thanks brother! Yeah i can bust out the Royal London here in the next few days. It has a cool black plastic tub with little nubs on the bottom so the puck can dry, genious idea IMO and is a unique soap all the way around.

3-14

Prep: pre shave soap mix
Razor: Gillette Tech
Blade: Croma Diamat
Brush: Razorock BC Plissoft
Soap: A&E Khalifa

Awesome shave the other day. The scent of Khalifa is something a little similar to Noble Otter Monarch as both have a sort of bubble gum soda type of vibe. This one does smell nice but not what i was expecting from scent description. Could barely detect any scent the 1st pass but it exploded on the 2nd, have heard CRSW Fragile Confusion has a similar effect.

Performance is typical A&E which is excellent. Lather likes a ton of water and slickness is top notch. Overall a very goood soap base with many scents that are interesting and unique. Finished off with GG Maharani as it is also a scent that is hard to categorize.

3-15

Blade: Croma
Brush: RR Plissoft
Soap: B&M Behold the Whats Is

Picked up a sample of this new B&M LE the other day. It is suppost to pay homage to Dr. SEUSS, Richard Scary, and other children book authors.

Scent is described as Peach, Rose, and Childhood Memories (Spices & Laundry Sheets). To be honest i cannot detect any 1 note so no prominent Rose or Peach. This is something a bit similar to Jacinthe not exact but distant cousins perhaps. Has a freshness that smells nice but unique at the same time. Very well done scent but was expecting a bit more Rose forward.

Performance was quite good and this was my first time with the Excelsor base. B&M can be very hit or miss with my experiences with their various soap bases and have to say this is the most deserving base for B&M scents IMO. Took a little bit to get the lather going and like nearly all soaps is thirsty as hell, but eventually got to rhe right consistsncy. Managed a refreshing clean shave and finished off with Maxium Comfort.

Hope everyone had a swell shave!

3-16

Blade: Croma
Brush: Maggard Blue & White Synthetic
Soap: Shaver Heaven- Rose

Wow! Super refreshing shave this morning that went about as perfectly as possible.

Shaver Heaven is a Australian artisan that closed down a few years back and recently reopened for business. They offer many scents and at one time had both Vegan and Tallow although i admit i know very little about its availaility when it comes to scents and bases. Picked this one up from WCS since i havent used a Shaver Heaven soap in a long time.

Performance was excellent and was really surprised at the texture of the lather and its water capacity. Had a awesome shave and even post residual slickness was no problem. The scent is a bit similar to Dendi Rose which is a soft natural type of Rose scent that is not overly strong and paired well with the Rose Water.

Hope everyone is in good health and getting awesome shaves!

3-17

Blade: Croma Diamat
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Synthetic
Soap: Royal London (Vintage)

Back by special request is the Vintage Royal London. Picked up this unknown soap from a antique store for around $10 or so. The tub is very cool and has little nubs on the bottom to allow the puck to dry in between use. The label has Gold inlay that feels cool to the touch and the tub is a very hard sturdy plastic that almost seems like Bakelite or something. If anyone can find information about this Vintage soap please let me know as i only know of 1 other person who found some, his had a different color label sceme so its surprising how little information is out there about this awesome Vintage soap, especially since guys go nuts about any other Vintage shave soap.

Scent of Royal London (since it is so old) is a musty basement/attic vibe to it similar to the old Pannacreama Vetiver which also has a musty old library scent.

Performance is awesome and prefer Royal London over Yardley, Vintage Williams, Watkins, or pretty much any other Vintage soap i have tried. The lather can hold a rediculous amount of water and whips up to a creamy milky consistancy although starts off with a cottage cheese look (Ogallala Syndrome i call it). I have no idea about the ingredients but would imagine this has a high tallow content due to its skin conditioning properties and the behavior of this soap. Was able to chase the baby a little bit without too much irritation, although did end up with a little redness on neck (pun intended). Overall this was a refreshing shave that put a smile on my face. Finished off with Woods & Spice Balm but due to the lack of scent any aftershave product could be used without interference.

Hope y'all had a great shave and a safe weekend!

Very cool vintage soap there. It's so unfortunate that so many companies closed their doors before the digital age are all but forgotten, no matter what the made.

Back