The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Sharp’s Tales: There Will Be Blood

Looking at it so far i will have to figure out how i want to handle straights in it. should be interesting

The link you posted is read only, but there's a link in the instructions that takes you to one that works.

Oh man, I'm going to be busy today converting shaves to this to try it out.

The link you posted is read only, but there's a link in the instructions that takes you to one that works.

Oh man, I'm going to be busy today converting shaves to this to try it out.

You just have to save a copy.

Yea Dave, so no one (*cough cough*) messes up the original!
1f60f.png

Jan 24
2019 Shave#17 (2 days)

Razor: Raw RS-10 aggressive plate.
Blade: PolSilver (4)
Brush: Paladin Cheif 28MM
Pre Shave: Kiehl’s Exfoliating Cleanser
Soap Ghost Town Barber (17) 3017
AS: Alum, L'Occitane.

Three passes WTG, XTG. Reverse XTG/ATG (face/neck)

Loaded up the GTB Nice. Seems to get its best performace for me when there is about 3 grams of soap taken from the puck.

The Paladin Cheif has been getting the most work out this year. But that is because it is a strong performer for me. Right amount of backbone/softness, plus it despenses soap so well. Three think layers of lather provided perfect cushion. And the PolSilver SI pulled off a easy 4th shave .. rare for me. I am not sure if I should risk going for a 5th on the odd chance it goes on me. Granted it can not be any worse than the Assured Blade I have coming in the mail.
So the Raw is the real deal. Don't find much difference between the Mild plate and the Agreesive but I have gotten back to back extrememly close smooth shaves. Even ATG is smooth as glass. I have not tried any other blade in it except the PolSilver. So far the Blackbird gives me a closer shave with great skin feel. But much more agreesive.

Metric Shave Score 8.6

I plan on making a seperate thread for the Daily Shave Journal Template.
I am just been trying to put some personal things in place before I can play on the TSC.

I am just trying to get Kal on the other site makesure the origianl template is protected and bug free. I even invited him to Join TSC.

He's cool right? Isn't he cool? If he's cool, why isn't he hanging out with the cool kids?

Nice stuff Jim. Raw sounds like a nice razor albeit pricey. Glad it's a winner for you.

It is pricey as with most of my tools I get fewer razors but am willing to pay up for the few. It is more of a fit and finish in most cases of these expensive razors than performance difference . But in this case it really seem to give it all. And with the two plates it is like two in one. Jury is still not out on the Charcoal Goods LvL 2 for me yet.

\n\nIt is pricey as with most of my tools I get fewer razors but am willing to pay up for the few. It is more of a fit and finish in most cases of these expensive razors than performance difference . But in this case it really seem to give it all. And with the two plates it is like two in one. Jury is still not out on the Charcoal Goods LvL 2 for me yet. \n\n
\nAlways loved the look of the Charcoal Goods stuff, especially their handle with the bee on it. Hard to find now. They came out around when Timeless did roughly

Back