The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Sharp’s Tales: There Will Be Blood

Funny thing was I had purchased a Game Changer when I saw one back in stock at IB. But then saw the Charcoal Goods had some ready to ship Lvl 2 razors on their site so I got that and cancelled the GC.

Which game changer do you have Chad?

I have the .84, and stand by my statement. I love my Timeless, but I would be perfectly happy with the GC and the Variant.

\n\nCan we get a Monitor in here? I am being berated and exposed to Toxic Masculinity and don’t feel that I am in a safe space. Obviously these new Gillette campaigns are not working.
\n\nHa! As someone who has not even posted a single shave, I concur, sir!

So, I took a Don for a few days and had little chance to post anything on the Cadre.
Let me try to catch up.

Jan 18
2019 Shave#14 (24 hours)

Razor: Raw RS-10 Mild plate.
Blade: PolSilver (2)
Brush: Paladin Cheif 28MM
Pre Shave: Kiehl’s Exfoliating Cleanser
Soap Ghost Town Barber (14) 3017
AS: Alum, L'Occitane.

So my first shave with the RS-10 was extremely close, but as people talk to the smoothness on this razor. I took a two pass shave and though I was pretty smooth there was a little bit of irritation. I should have waited 6-12 more hours. But overall it was a good shave.

Metric Score 8.4

Jan 19,

2019 Shave#15 (24 hours)

Razor:Timeless .68 OC
Blade: PolSilver (3)
Soap Ghost Town Barber (15) 3017

To compare the smoothness of the Raw with mild Plate vs the Timeless .68 I backed yesterdays shave using the Timeless today. It was a milder shave but not as close as yesterdays shave. In conclusion when my face needs a little rest but still needs to be shaven go with something as mild as the Timeless .69

Metric Score 8.4

Jan 22
2019 Shave#16 (2days)

Razor: Raw RS-10 aggressive plate.
Blade: PolSilver (3)
Soap Ghost Town Barber (16) 3017

Two passes WTG, XTG/ATG (face/neck)

So I did not have much time to shave let alone post over the long weekend. This morning I had about 2 days and change of growth to tackle. Thought it was a good time to try out the RS-10 with the aggressive plate. Wow, this is one smooth efficient razor. I could have a pushed for a third pass but I was DFS after two and did not want to get any irritation. The BB is more efficient but this razor is almost it's equal in efficiency but much much smoother. The GTB is what really brought down this shave score. I loaded it pretty thick but I did not add enough water so it was dry.

I weighed the GTB puck tonight and it came in at 114g. So about 31 grams in 16 shaves. Almost 2 grams a shave.

Metric Score 8.0

I'm sorry, if you're going to be a nerd shaver and use a number rating system, we're going to need the definitions of said metrics and your weighted scoring system.

I'm sorry, if you're going to be a nerd shaver and use a number rating system, we're going to need the definitions of said metrics and your weighted scoring system.

You’re right. I’ll ditch the scores. It was coming off my personal Log spreadsheet. And it would put out a performance score based on variables of that days Shave.

0-6.poor
6.1-7 fair
7.1-8 good
>8 Excellent.
I will screen shot some examples of it.
I have blank copies for anyone that wants a copy. Guy on another forum created it and shares it.

Not sure if I'd use it or not but it might be interesting too look at.

Here are some screen shots. Takes a few minutes to set up but once set up it will take seconds to log.

Gives you nerdy info like most used items, best performance item. Blade inventory and uses per blade. I started it Jan 1

So, I took a Don for a few days and had little chance to post anything on the Cadre. \nLet me try to catch up.
\n\nWhy does it have to be a \"Don?\" Hey...I was here in spirit!
1f60b.png

So the Builder of this Spreadsheet/Journal is Kal "Canadian Mountain Man" from another forum but I spoke with him, helped him find some bugs and he said I can share it with others.

Here is a link that should work to insturctions and the Daily Journal. Please copy the original to your Google drive using "My Drive" or Download it as an excel file. Any problems please ask and I will try to walk you through it.

1.Copy of User Guide.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wCau36xJqLFsUKX-Qzds-Z1T44HBd9RZaSdrt3weBhw/edit?usp=sharing

2. Copy of Daily Shave Worksheet H/W & S/W Directories (Google Sheets)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16VT87FkmiUP7sxpG-bBclNqzH-PGmlwXZmz1yvJP3Rg/edit?usp=sharing

DUDE! Make a new thread and explain the geekiness. Some of us love that stuff!

Back