The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer Gift Exchange 2020

Merry Christmas to everyone!! Finally I got to open my package!! And well the wait was so worth it.
This was so generous of a gift I want to thank the Douglas family.
Have you ever opened something and it makes you smile, fell so joyed you just want to cry!! That is what I felt like when I opened the OSU brush!!
Well well done!!
Thanks so much for EVERYTHING!!

Very happy it was to you liking my friend. It was an added bonus that you are a golfer and can use the rest of the golf markers. [emoji106]

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas, Cadre!

Finally getting around to this and apologies for taking so long. Honestly, I've spent most all the day watching the terrible events occurring in Nashville. Just glad there were no casualties or serious injuries. Very scary situation though.

But @DeepSea thank you so much for the wonderful gift!! You knocked it out of the park, brother!

IMG-5091.jpg

I loves me some Irish whisky but I had never heard of this distiller so I am very excited t try it. After a little Google-Fu, I learned that the 12 year is their signature spirit so that will be the first one I try later tonight. ;) 🥃

IMG-5094.jpg

He also sent along the great Seabee UCT coin. Very honored to have it! ⚓

IMG-5092.jpg

I've heard of Heritage Hill soaps but never tried them. Eager to try this one. Great scent! The bay rum and bergamot really stand out to my nose.

IMG-5095.jpg

Finally, the Original Santal frag smells wonderful. The wife loves it too (always a plus!) so I will need to acquire a bottle soon I guess.. Darn it.... I just hate when I have to buy new frags.. 🥸😁

IMG-5096.jpg

Thanks again, brother! Hope you and yours have had and continue to have a wonderful Christmas!

Merry Christmas, Cadre!

Finally getting around to this and apologies for taking so long. Honestly, I've spent most all the day watching the terrible events occurring in Nashville. Just glad there were no casualties or serious injuries. Very scary situation though.

But @DeepSea thank you so much for the wonderful gift!! You knocked it out of the park, brother!

I loves me some Irish whisky but I had never heard of this distiller so I am very excited t try it. After a little Google-Fu, I learned that the 12 year is their signature spirit so that will be the first one I try later tonight. ;) 🥃

View attachment 43553

He also sent along the great Seabee UCT coin. Very honored to have it! ⚓

View attachment 43552

I've heard of Heritage Hill soaps but never tried them. Eager to try this one. Great scent! The bay rum and bergamot really stand out to my nose.

View attachment 43554

Finally, the Original Santal frag smells wonderful. The wife loves it too (always a plus!) so I will need to acquire a bottle soon I guess.. Darn it.... I just hate when I have to buy new frags.. 🥸😁

View attachment 43555

Thanks again, brother! Hope you and yours have had and continue to have a wonderful Christmas!
Redbreast Irish Whiskey is one of my favorites! I usually have a bottle of the 12 year always on hand. You sir will not be disappointed!

When you first opened up your shop. I thought about doing one up for you then. Like a "business warming/good luck" present. But then as per usual. I procrastinated.
So when I drew you. The idea was already brewed. Since technically it didn't "cost" me anything. I then had to find a suitable purchase. Thus the razor. Glad you like it. Don't put it where anybody can easily steal it though buddy. Out your way there are prolly lots of folks that answer to Hombre. ;)
So you got two "Priceless" items. The sign and a "Shogun Edge" Enjoy.

While I couldn't make a video this year with all the chaos an 8 month old brings, I am beside myself with the generosity and thoughtfulness of @MarkB !!

Stirling Frankincense and Myrrh - very funny because he had planned on Christmas Eve and I went ahead and bought it myself! The F&M reminds me of the old Nomad from C&E and I'm loving it! Soap Commander Endurance soap and matching balm, which is something that has been on my to-try list for far too long as an Old Spice lover! A puck of CBL Master Barber Back Alley Barbershop to drop in a beautiful Old Spice mug, which smells absolutely incredible and fits so perfectly in the mug! Throw in an alum block to replace my rapidly aging one and I'm all set for quite a while on software!

Additionally Mark included a bottle of local Alabama white BBQ sauce which I cannot WAIT to try next time I start up the grill, as well as a CD of his bands music. I had no idea you were in a band, Mark! Looking forward to popping it in our stereo once our little one goes down tonight.

Thank you so much Mark, for making this morning about dad, even if only for a few moments! You really knocked it out of the park this year!

69cc70cb7aa4a98663014f682a84e6b7.jpg

Big thanks to my Buddy. Will post a pic or 2 later, but wanted to get the video posted up before the Zoom call.
It was me! LOL.
The return address was in fact a diversion to make you think it was someone else. The Rudolph T. Reindeer (RN).... RN stands for Red Nose, but I knew it would make you think of Dave, so I ran with it in the thread! Ha!

The Carter Hall is cheap Drug Store tobacco, but it is smooth and tasty! It's my go-to for an easy smoke. And yes, both razors are Techs, since those were your favorites from the passaround. Gates sauce is amazing. Fabulous on ribs. But don't let @BarberDave know you have it..... he'll fight you for it! Enjoy!!

It was me! LOL.
The return address was in fact a diversion to make you think it was someone else. The Rudolph T. Reindeer (RN).... RN stands for Red Nose, but I knew it would make you think of Dave, so I ran with it in the thread! Ha!

The Carter Hall is cheap Drug Store tobacco, but it is smooth and tasty! It's my go-to for an easy smoke. And yes, both razors are Techs, since those were your favorites from the passaround. Gates sauce is amazing. Fabulous on ribs. But don't let @BarberDave know you have it..... he'll fight you for it! Enjoy!!
I will

While I couldn't make a video this year with all the chaos an 8 month old brings, I am beside myself with the generosity and thoughtfulness of @MarkB !!

Stirling Frankincense and Myrrh - very funny because he had planned on Christmas Eve and I went ahead and bought it myself! The F&M reminds me of the old Nomad from C&E and I'm loving it! Soap Commander Endurance soap and matching balm, which is something that has been on my to-try list for far too long as an Old Spice lover! A puck of CBL Master Barber Back Alley Barbershop to drop in a beautiful Old Spice mug, which smells absolutely incredible and fits so perfectly in the mug! Throw in an alum block to replace my rapidly aging one and I'm all set for quite a while on software!

Additionally Mark included a bottle of local Alabama white BBQ sauce which I cannot WAIT to try next time I start up the grill, as well as a CD of his bands music. I had no idea you were in a band, Mark! Looking forward to popping it in our stereo once our little one goes down tonight.

Thank you so much Mark, for making this morning about dad, even if only for a few moments! You really knocked it out of the park this year!

69cc70cb7aa4a98663014f682a84e6b7.jpg
So glad you like it. 🙂

Remember what I said, if the music’s not to your taste it’ll make a great coaster. 😂

Merry Christmas!

It was me! LOL.

@Spider

Thank you very much KJ, those were great gift selections. Yep, the return address had me fooled, Well done. I never did peel it off to look at the real return address. Love all the gifts and will put them to good use.

Back