The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer Gift Exchange 2020

@gobucks5485 gave me such thoughtful gifts this year!

rudolph.jpg

Besides choosing a new Bay Rum for me to try and sending me a piece of his hometown, he did exactly what I had hoped and made a donation in my name to a Minnesota food shelf. I will be checking out the Dr. Jon's tomorrow! Thanks so much - I truly appreciate your kindness. Merry Christmas everyone!

Alright here's my pics. I'm just in awe at these. I know the letter says to carry them and not leave in the sock drawer but they are just so nice!
IMG_20201225_000248687.jpgIMG_20201225_130745310.jpgIMG_20201225_130757612.jpgIMG_20201225_130801833.jpgIMG_20201225_130823219.jpg

One of these came with my dad's initials. He wanted me to say thank you, as well. When he came over today and I handed it to him he loved it!

IMG_20201225_130859812.jpgIMG_20201225_130919645.jpg

@Fenster again thank you.

@gobucks5485 gave me such thoughtful gifts this year!

View attachment 43516

Besides choosing a new Bay Rum for me to try and sending me a piece of his hometown, he did exactly what I had hoped and made a donation in my name to a Minnesota food shelf. I will be checking out the Dr. Jon's tomorrow! Thanks so much - I truly appreciate your kindness. Merry Christmas everyone!
Those car fresheners remind me of original barbasol! I use them in my car and the motorhome. They're great!

I haven’t (and probably won’t for a little while longer...) had a chance to watch the videos of everyone opening their gifts but I have and will continue to scan the thread throughout the day. I have however had my opportunity to open my OWN gifts and I will hereby proclaim to have been blessed with the BEST secret buddy match possible. I was not part of the matching process, it truly was random (as far as I know...as I said, I wasn’t part of the matching) but after years of being in the mix I FINALLY scored the big dog, the Santa AND the clause, the Kringle himself. ... @The Monkey (john). What makes this guy so awesome? Well, basically it’s because he talks to God...and that gives him a keen eye for gift giving. He has this ability to drip on you...a gift at thanksgiving then something else a bit later and another box filled with a million well placed thoughts waiting to be unwrapped.

I’ll post a photo in a second but first the recap. He included a card explaining it all but as I unboxed or unwrapped everything it’s story was immediately clear to me, even without explanation (I’m telling you, John and God talk to each other). There was a “simple” pine brush, obviously made from old timber with meaningful history (turned by skilled hands (I’m certain it was turned by @Graydog)). There was a jar of honey...my Dr told me I should try local honey to solve some inflammation issues but our local honey lady is in COVID hiding. John’s gift of honey is from his own hive and probably has everything my body will need. There was a ton of @Victory~Dale radio operator ...one of the best soaps on earth. (And maybe a sign that John is a radio operator). Then a mug with a well chosen bible verse, John felt applied to me. And to coupe de grasse ...SOCKS WITH MY DOGS FACE on them. Not only is that cool (and my dog is cool) my whole family thought that was the best gift EVER. John is now the most favorite person ever. The Lindsay family now sings the praises of “preacher John”

374F0A72-7D68-4BFC-ABB5-CCAB9315C769.jpeg

First of all I need to apologize to the Cadre. A good lot of you are on our Christmas card list and this year I just didn’t make that happen. Doesn’t mean that I value the friendships any less, just you know, flippin’ 2020.

Next, I was allowed to open my Cadre box today. Thank you @GearNoir! Not only did his wife send gifts for the girls, I got something I’ve been jonesing to try, but holding back from pursuing. Very cool Chris! If we get a sunny day on this week off I’ll throw on a coat and head out to the deck to try it out for sure. BTW, it’s also beautiful.

View attachment 43509
1st off Dave, you NEVER have to apologize, 2020 has been a gut punch to most and you have had the lions share of thing and we are pulling for you, praying for you, and so thankfull for what you do, Your are fine and no apologies needed. We are just glad you are here

Thanks again Rich! I love the shirt. Chocolate covered cherries are delicious, and way better than the Queen Anne cherries I got from Walmart. And I’ve got something special planned for the hot powder that you all will enjoy!

2CB99530-DA36-43BD-AA27-7BD7AC6B45E6.jpegFC94CCD6-D462-4D9E-A4C0-82F107243B4F.jpeg

Merry Christmas Cadre and family!

I couldn’t be happier with what was in this here gift swap box. @Fightingillini22 knocked it out of the park! First off I Looooove the smell of eucalyptus and I am VERY excited to try the DVH soap. The Williams is also another soap that’s been on my list since I began this hobby that I haven’t gotten around to trying. Modern and vintage 🥰 I’m looking forward to either the Williams bliss or failure. 😂 I was happy this morning when Santa left a pack of P-30’s in my stocking and now I’m double happy to find another in here! Oh yea, and LITTLE BOTTLES OF BOOZE!! 😀 🥃🙌
Thank you so much Ryan, I love every bit of it!!

AD9DEFA6-FBCE-457C-94A6-B65AEFB86220.jpeg

68994337-9A65-45A0-ABB9-897C14CFD866.jpeg

C7CA063B-95CC-47C3-93AF-F3A904383291.jpeg

DCC74434-E0B1-4FE1-8138-A284B46AC31D.jpeg

CA2DED46-6267-4CC0-B4B6-D395D21543AE.jpeg

So I don't Get in trouble with Officer @Spider.............

tumblr_o4d1cwgQmS1sikpodo1_250.gif

Here are the wonderful photos of a Custom Actual Road Sign made by the Maryland Road Folks, and a "Barber's Pet" 5/8 Square edge with Bamboo Style Scales. Looking forward to shaving with this, and still have not decided whether to take the sign to the shop or get a sign post and put in in the yard or shave Den. A BIG THANKS to @Maryland998 aka Fluffy. IT IS AWESOME!!!

2020 TSC gift.jpg

So I don't Get in trouble with Officer @Spider.............

tumblr_o4d1cwgQmS1sikpodo1_250.gif

Here are the wonderful photos of a Custom Actual Road Sign made by the Maryland Road Folks, and a "Barber's Pet" 5/8 Square edge with Bamboo Style Scales. Looking forward to shaving with this, and still have not decided whether to take the sign to the shop or get a sign post and put in in the yard or shave Den. A BIG THANKS to @Maryland998 aka Fluffy. IT IS AWESOME!!!

OMG that is such a cool gift.

Well, Spider made such a heartfelt request that everyone try to do a video, so I did such. I apologise in advance to anyone who decides to watch it. I am both horrible to listen to and incoherent at many points. Nonetheless, here it is for all the mock... I mean, see. [emoji1787]

Unfortunately, there was no indication in my package of who it is from. Nonetheless, thank you, mystery gifter. It was a wonderful package of presents and a joyous part of my Christmas day!

Merry Christmas Cadre!
4f156747da28b0dbcbcf04a469759453.jpg

65E265EC-B45F-472B-A58D-153B6BD75A9A.jpeg
Thank you so much @CBLindsay for the wonderful gifts! I’ve been needing an awesome case for my straights, especially to keep them out of reach from my 3 year old. This is way better than my old cigar boxes! The blades will be restored and can turn into some really cool projects, very nice!
I shaved with Master Barber soap this afternoon, before our family Christmas Zoom. I really enjoyed the Tobacco/leather scent of the Cigar Shop Hombre shaving soap and it provided a slick shave with my laser sharp, Heljestrand MK 4. As you can see, the missus has already placed the ornament on our tree, it looks great.
Thanks again and Merry Christmas,
Matt
FC02663C-23C0-45ED-A3A1-A2B3C0341887.jpeg

View attachment 43548
Thank you so much @CBLindsay for the wonderful gifts! I’ve been needing an awesome case for my straights, especially to keep them out of reach from my 3 year old. This is way better than my old cigar boxes! The blades will be restored and can turn into some really cool projects, very nice!
I shaved with Master Barber soap this afternoon, before our family Christmas Zoom. I really enjoyed the Tobacco/leather scent of the Cigar Shop Hombre shaving soap and it provided a slick shave with my laser sharp, Heljestrand MK 4. As you can see, the missus has already placed the ornament on our tree, it looks great.
Thanks again and Merry Christmas,
Matt
View attachment 43549
Very cool gift! When I saw the box it got me nervous I thought Chris was sending out the TSC launch codes. Then I remembered we switched over to stainless steel case.

Back